Author Topic: Finally done  (Read 2477 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Finally done
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:35:26 AM »
  Well I finally got my GTI300, and have finished changing it to my liking. I installed a Biondi windshield. Wired the front European turn signals as running lights. Installed a removeable Shad SH40 cargo topcase. I removed the American side reflectors for a cleaner look, but all the black and blue graphics are reflective. Last improvement will be 14g Dr. Pulley sliders once I get 1000 miles on the scoot. This picture isn't real clear, but will give you a idea what she looks like.

UPDATE  Dr. Pulley 14gr sliders, second heavy duty 12 volt accessory plug (for GPS) and iridium spark plug installed today 5/26/13
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:22:22 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

allen1371

• View Profile
Re: Finally done
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:26 PM »
Hey MMike,
I'm originally from Syracuse but moved to Nashville  TN about 20 years ago, I get back there a couple time a year. What do you guys have about a two week riding season? (kidding) I have the GTI 200 same color as yours and will probably change the top case this year. Did that go on smoothly or was there a lot of modifications.  Your scooter looks great and I regret not getting the 300 but I do love my bike. 
Great final four this year.

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
Mike: Looks very nice! I don't do any nighttime riding @ all, plus I'm not a fan of any sort of decals other then stock. But if that makes you more visible @ night, then you're doing yourself a favor.

I ordered my Shad SH40 the other day. How do you like the windshield? I bet you notice you have better visibility now with you mirrors! I live on the seacoast & everything rusts up here. Do yourself a favor & score some CorrosionX here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009E1QWI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ADG953YR6NRBF

Spray your exhaust & let it sit for 2-3 days for drying. This product is amazing! I don't have a speck of rust on my exhaust! If I didn't use it....it would be showing serious rust @ this point & I haven't even owned my scooter for a year. It's worth it, trust me.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
Hey MMike,
I'm originally from Syracuse but moved to Nashville  TN about 20 years ago, I get back there a couple time a year. What do you guys have about a two week riding season? (kidding) I have the GTI 200 same color as yours and will probably change the top case this year. Did that go on smoothly or was there a lot of modifications.  Your scooter looks great and I regret not getting the 300 but I do love my bike. 
Great final four this year.

My Shad topcase came with a universal mounting bracket. I just removed the factory topcase and left the factory mounting plate on. The shad plate came with lots of attaching hardware for different options. I was able to bend the flat brackets so they caught under the lip of the factory bracket. Just have to get the right combination to be straight and back far enough to open the seat. No drilling at all. Shad also makes an adaptor that fits the GTI125 and would work for our scooters. I don't know where you would get it though.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
Mike: Looks very nice! I don't do any nighttime riding @ all, plus I'm not a fan of any sort of decals other then stock. But if that makes you more visible @ night, then you're doing yourself a favor.

I ordered my Shad SH40 the other day. How do you like the windshield? I bet you notice you have better visibility now with you mirrors! I live on the seacoast & everything rusts up here. Do yourself a favor & score some CorrosionX here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009E1QWI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ADG953YR6NRBF

Spray your exhaust & let it sit for 2-3 days for drying. This product is amazing! I don't have a speck of rust on my exhaust! If I didn't use it....it would be showing serious rust @ this point & I haven't even owned my scooter for a year. It's worth it, trust me.

I'll try it! Thanks for the tip.

Love my windshield. It seems just right for my height (5'10"). I can see over it when riding, but the wind is hitting above my forehead and on my helmet.. Very pleased!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:46:22 PM by mrmike »

Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 12:50:29 AM »
MrMike!

Great Job on the upgrades!    Feels good, when they don't look like everyone elses, doesn't it?  I always personalize my Cars, Scooters, Bikes, etc., so that I don't have to check it twice in a parking lot, to make sure it's mine! 

On your Shad 40 Top Box... is the Rear Lens Reflective as well?  I ask, because, I noticed on my pic that I took of my Givi Case the other day, that I didn't see any Reflective Glow coming from my Rear Lens.  It's the same model case that I had on my former Kymco People S250, and it Glowed.

GTi300 Non-Reflective:

S250 Reflective:

THEN..... I remembered, that I had removed the Lens on my S250 (8 Screws Total inside the Trunk, to remove the 2 Tail Lens...), and covered the White Plastic Non-Reflective Sheet under the Lens, with Reflective Tape.  So, I did the same thing the other night, to my 300 and my Zuma, and it works like a charm now!  You would think that with a reputation like GIVI has, that they could pony up $3 in Reflective Tape, huh? 

MassScoot!

I'm not sure about MrMike's Reflective Decals, but assuming that they're the same as mine, they also Reflect during the Day, when it's nice and Sunny outside.  It gives us a bit more Visibility out there on the Street with the Cagers, who are looking for OTHER Cagers, and not we 2-Wheelers.

Since you're not big on Decals other than Stock, you could try getting a Stripe Kit or Speed Blocks like we have, that are the same color as your Scoot.  For instance, you can install Black on your Black Trim, which will Reflect Bright White in the Sunlight.  It won't be visible on your Scooter as a Decal, unless you point it out to someone.  There are a lot of colors available at StreetGlo.Net, if you're interested in doing something like this.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue until Morale improves"!

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 02:52:18 AM »
MrMike!

Great Job on the upgrades!    Feels good, when they don't look like everyone elses, doesn't it?  I always personalize my Cars, Scooters, Bikes, etc., so that I don't have to check it twice in a parking lot, to make sure it's mine! 

On your Shad 40 Top Box... is the Rear Lens Reflective as well?  I ask, because, I noticed on my pic that I took of my Givi Case the other day, that I didn't see any Reflective Glow coming from my Rear Lens.  It's the same model case that I had on my former Kymco People S250, and it Glowed.

GTi300 Non-Reflective:

S250 Reflective:

THEN..... I remembered, that I had removed the Lens on my S250 (8 Screws Total inside the Trunk, to remove the 2 Tail Lens...), and covered the White Plastic Non-Reflective Sheet under the Lens, with Reflective Tape.  So, I did the same thing the other night, to my 300 and my Zuma, and it works like a charm now!  You would think that with a reputation like GIVI has, that they could pony up $3 in Reflective Tape, huh? 

MassScoot!

I'm not sure about MrMike's Reflective Decals, but assuming that they're the same as mine, they also Reflect during the Day, when it's nice and Sunny outside.  It gives us a bit more Visibility out there on the Street with the Cagers, who are looking for OTHER Cagers, and not we 2-Wheelers.

Since you're not big on Decals other than Stock, you could try getting a Stripe Kit or Speed Blocks like we have, that are the same color as your Scoot.  For instance, you can install Black on your Black Trim, which will Reflect Bright White in the Sunlight.  It won't be visible on your Scooter as a Decal, unless you point it out to someone.  There are a lot of colors available at StreetGlo.Net, if you're interested in doing something like this.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

BLACKBEARD

My Shad topcase came with a silver strip behind the rear lens. I used that as a template and covered it with a red reflective tape. Then I re-installed with the plastic lens over it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()