Author Topic: Adjusting the Polini clutch (with J.Costa variator) on the XC500  (Read 681 times)

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Might be a bit specific question but..  ???

I just installed the J.Costa Evo3 in my XC500, and I've had the Polini clutch before.

It's currently set up to engage around 3500 revs which seemed great with the stock CVT
and weights as it improved the smoothness and mid-range acceleration (let's say 40 to 65mph)
greatly compared to the springs being set at it's lowest point which made it engage around 2500 revs.

However, now it seems like the bike needs waaaay too many revs to get going at small throttle openings
(I'm not aiming for maximum acceleration, I almost never launch with full throttle) and to get going in
traffic I'm around 4500-5000 revs, and if I feather the throttle just a tiny bit, I'm at over 6000 revs very
quickly which really isn't needed for normal traffic.

Should I roll the clutch springs back a bit, will that lower the revs a bit?
What I don't fully understand is.. if I'm at certain revs at let's say 50mph, will the clutch setup affect the revs
at those speeds or not?

Anyways, the j.costa is a great piece of kit. :)
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()