Author Topic: Your headlights ?  (Read 494 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Your headlights ?
« on: August 16, 2016, 03:21:55 PM »
Curious : Anyone have a scooter with a single headlight that gives very good night vision?
Overall, what do you ride & how do you rate your headlights for night riding ?

Mt LIKE200i is pretty sketchy at night....hoping time has weakened the bulb & that it will improve with a new bulb.

Meanwhile, the FORZA with twin DRL's...

And the Burgman 400's twin DRL's....
I did have to get under the bonnet and crank up the aim of the headlights when new. They were aimed too low for my mono-shock setting. Made all the difference in the world when I got them aimed correctly down the road !.....much higher on the right shoulder, a little higher on the left light.

Never understood the thinking behind having twin headlights on a scooter or motorcycle - but only having one side working on low beam DRL.
Waiting on the 40% better orange Philips light bulb from the U.K. for my LIKE.
Stig
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:25:48 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Re: Your headlights ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 03:39:45 PM »
My Xciting 250ri gave what I felt was good light for a single headlight. I could see ahead adequately on a tree lined deer crossed two lane narrow country road.  Also, Someone flashed me when they I didn't dim them quickly enough. But my ill fated Majesty was simply fantastic with its dual lights. (None will do any good if you don't look where they are pointing, as I recently found out).
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()