Author Topic: Boreem 350 Scooter  (Read 2439 times)

Bashful4653

Boreem 350 Scooter
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
i have a Boreem 350 Scooter jia Series and i am having a bit of a problem the scooter was given to me from a friend and it wont start but the lights work and theirs no ignition switch just 2 wires where the switch is supposed to be. could it be the reason why it wont start is because the ignition is not connecting with the starter or what. i got all the lights working even down to the turn signals But it just wont start. can someone help me or tell me what to do. i would like to try to get it running ??? any help would be Appreciated...Thanks 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Boreem 350 Scooter
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »
Just an educated guess...the 2 wires either connect to each other to ground the coil/cdi, stopping spark from occuring, or they connect together to continue the circut to allow spark. Take a GOOD hard look inside the fairing/ bars for a third wire, but in the mean time simply pull the spark plug, and crank the engine with the wires together, and then apart. In either case you will be looking for spark. Ps. use a new plug when checking to eliminate any FALSE result
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Bashful4653

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:10:21 PM »
thanks zombie for the tip. i'll try that  again thanks...

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »
Urbestfriend thinks you may have posted in the wrong place.  My search for a Boreem 350
is for a small electric scooter.  If this is the case,  your controller to run the thing may be bad.
You would have no CDI, Coil or Spark because you have no gas engine ????. 
I was also given one of these bikes and ended up scrapping it because it was more expensive
to fix it than to buy a new one.  The only advise I would give is:
1)  Are your batteries still good.
2)  Are there any other loose wires.
3)  If you jumper the batteries to the motor itself,  does it run ?
4)  Controllers are probably $25 to $50.00.  Mendelson's in Dayton, Ohio
     carries some electric scooter parts.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 08:21:24 PM »
DOO DOO DOO DU      DOO DOO DU    DOO DOO DU... Am I in the "twilite zone"  What the??????
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()