Author Topic: Ignition coil polarity  (Read 4198 times)

allanseth23

• View Profile
Ignition coil polarity
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:18:07 AM »

Did i install it correctly or reversed the polarity? Does this have any effect on wide open throttle? Either way the engine runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Ignition coil polarity
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
That's backwards, green goes on green!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »
That polarity will effect the spark. It will be MUCH weaker, and will not fire well at WOT. Actually I am surprised it fires at all.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

allanseth23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:15:51 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I just want to add. After replacing the ignition coil, my scooter now has top end power. Before it feels like as if its fuel starve, rough idle, engine will misfire at idle and most of all no full throttle power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 03:27:45 AM »
Glad to hear it.

These bikes are so frail that even a tiny grain of sand ends them in the junk pile. It usually takes 20 bucks or less to bring them back to life. (zombies)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()