Author Topic: Scoots not for sale  (Read 326 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
Scoots not for sale
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:08:07 PM »
Visited an old friend of mine today, who is collecting and refurbishing all what he can get hands on.
Pics show only a small part of his treasures, but he would not give away one of his darlings.
No matter what, boat-motor or PIAGGIO, or MV-Agusta, or CITROEN 2CV...
I'm sometimes allowed to do a small circle with one of his oldies, but l do see pain in his eyes, if l intend to leave the court....
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Scoots not for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »
What is the engine-drive unit on the stand? Radiator aft and overhead fanshaft shades of SAAB!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 10:45:17 PM »
Any pics of the 2CV?
Looking at those old metal scooters - seems hard to believe that they didn't break apart down there on the footboards. Must get real exciting when rust begins to set in in the 'floor' of these metal scoots!
I follow a Vespa forum and read about the owners agonizing about rust setting in the lower body seam.....even on their newer scooters.
Kind of amazed that Vespa does not apply a heavy layer of non metal coating over the bellies of their scooters. Seems you could still put a gloss paint over the rubberized rust-proofing coat.

Thanks for the pics.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 10:25:59 AM »
@CROSSBOLT,
will check next time beeing there...
@Stig,
yes, he will allow me to uncover this 2CV and take pics, even he might closely watch me...
Most of his pets came from south here, where is never ever salt on the streets. And as far l remember that Coca-Cola scoot was only on the street for a couple of days for promotion. I've to ask again, but l think the other one, this colorful racing beauty was used in a movie somewhen and then immedeately closed up. The one with the spare wheel carrier will be left in original condtition, no new paint, only cosmetics. He even tries to get old used seat covers...
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()