Author Topic: Carb Jets  (Read 845 times)

PeTroL42

• View Profile
Carb Jets
« on: July 14, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »
I installed a bigger Pilot jet because I was having an issue with my Super 8 bogging down at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle when the engine is cold. 

I let my Super 8 sit for at least 14+ hours before taking a test ride to see if the bigger jet fixed the problem and guess what?  It did.  I no longer have bogging when the engine is cold but this leads me to another question.

Is the #102 Main jet too small?

I've read somewhere that the Super 8s run pretty lean due to emissions purposes and I also read somewhere that a guy knew 2 people in his scooter club with Super 8s and both engines blew up after around 4000 miles. 

I do have a suspicion that my Main jet is a little small because when I cruise up to 45mph and hold it at that speed for a few seconds, and then gun it, it feels like I have a lot of power at that RPM range and it gets up to 55mph pretty quickly.  I'm afraid I may be running lean at that point and if so, the engine wouldn't be able to sustain WOT for long periods of time. 

Anyone who's messed around with Nitro RC cars knows that leaning out the High Speed needle gives you crazy power but it isn't very prudent to engine longevity. 

I might switch out the Main jet to a #105 jet and see how that goes, or maybe not.  I'm so tired of taking off all those bolts that hold down the seat.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()