Author Topic: Super 8 50 2t 27ish mph  (Read 5953 times)

tr0id

• View Profile
Re: Super 8 50 2t 27ish mph
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
Ok all. I just talked directly to Kymco USA customer service and they said that US Kymco scooters should not have come with derestricted variators or jets. There was a batch in a shipment that were meant for overseas but accidentally came here. So the ones of you that had a scooter with the derestriction stuff under the seat got lucky. The rest of us didn't get lucky. It makes me feel better that this guy isn't being a douche and trying to rip me off. Still I could have used those thing for free. :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 12:43:43 AM »
That must have been one HUGE batch. People have been getting them for years here. They told you that to cover their asses in case someone gets caught/hurt on a de-restricted scoot in the US
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ill_eagle94

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »
I went to two Kymco dealers before I bought my scoot at my local dealer. They all had the stuff under the seat.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2012 Honda Fit Sport

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 03:56:43 AM »
Try calling a few dealers, and explain everything. One may just come off the bits for you.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()