Author Topic: The bolt holding the rear turn signal assembly  (Read 1006 times)

PandersonPrime

• View Profile
The bolt holding the rear turn signal assembly
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »
After i just bought the scooter, i noticed the entire left rear side of the turn signal was loose. After just touching it, it fell off. I then noticed the bolt had been stripped and needed to be replaced. I'm having a difficult time tracking down the size of the bolt to replace it. What is the size of the bolt?

ill_eagle94

• View Profile
Re: The bolt holding the rear turn signal assembly
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
I'd just bring the bolt to your local hardware store and see what it is. It's how I made a new pivot bolt for my left brake lever.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2012 Honda Fit Sport

PandersonPrime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »
yeah i tried that..Lowes.. of all places...no luck, they couldn't match the bolt...
is there a website or a parts diagram to the make and model of scoot i can refer to and get the exact measurement, maybe?

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:12:28 PM »
Google the word "fasteners" followed by your zip code , that should bring up any specialty shops that can find your thread size . Good luck .

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »
Can you post a pict? My local hardware carries all the bolts I need for my scoots (Ace Hardware). Lowes has to have them too. I think you just had poor help. Most all the bolts on your scoot are 6mm x 1.0 or 1.5mm. The 1.mm is fine thread, and the 1.5 is coarse.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()