Author Topic: Headlights Out Super 8 50 2t Need Help  (Read 1825 times)

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Headlights Out Super 8 50 2t Need Help
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »
Lights went out. Tried 2 new sets of HS1 35/35 bulbs with no luck. Had the bulbs both light for just a second a few times then go out.

Checked all fuses in battery area and all wire connections I could find. Will not work in high or low beam. Turn and brake lights all work fine.

Thanks for any help. I tried all the light info I could find on the sight with no luck. This is a new 2011 scoot.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Headlights Out Super 8 50 2t Need Help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 11:54:31 PM »
..sounds like your rectifier ain't rectifying...get you a new one!

;)

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
Have to do it... Just jiggle the cord!
(inside joke) Try wd40 type stuff in the light switch. They get corroded all the time. The light is ac fired I think so the rect. wont be involved if that is the case. If it is dc fired then maybe... Try the switch first tho
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:51:06 AM »
Thanks. Will open up the switch tomorrow. Scooter is 2 weeks old so I hope it's not rusting up already.  all other lights are working and it is charging ok. I hope a short didn't fry the rectifier. Not having a good start as a new scooter owner.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:16:45 AM »
2 weeks? Take it to the dealer... No way it corroded. Unless you live on a volcano. (active)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 08:00:42 PM »
The light is ac fired I think so the rect. wont be involved if that is the case. If it is dc fired then maybe... Try the switch first tho

..i burned three headlamps...taillamps on my 01 ppl before i figured out the rectifier was bad...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:58 PM »
I just forget which ones have which circuit. They swap them around alot from model to model

warriorboxerdog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 06:09:10 AM »
I had the same problem with my super 8 2T. Bothe headlights just stoped working, There is a box under the plastic, looks like a cdi. That is the headlight controller wox what i did is unplug it jumed the 4 prong blug and bame lights are back on. I tried to call the dealer and get them to fix it but they were assholes. So far no adverise affects and been running it this way for a week now. The thing I like about it is the head lights don't dime at idle anymore and they come on as soon as you turn the key to the on position. I'm going to switch out my other bulbs to l.e.d. bulbs to reduce the amount of current used while the bike is running. There are videos outhere to show you how to do this. I tinned my wires with soldier before using the to mke tiny jumpers

super 8 nate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
got the samething going on. I'm going to have to mess with it some more it looks like. I got a recitfier but the fittings aren't the same even though they are supposed to be for all gy6 scooters.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()