Author Topic: seat and rear shocks feels wrong  (Read 1739 times)

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
seat and rear shocks feels wrong
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
Is it just me or is the Kymco Super 8 rear shocks way to hard and the seat way to forward inclining ?

When riding over a bump in the road the shocks are so stiff. and it feel like you get pushed forward beacue on the forward incline in the seat. If i brake i get pushed forward and have to reposition myself on the seet.

I have tryed to but some foam on the front part of the seat and i help a little for a while but i guess the foam must have gotton more flat overtime.

Now i have placed a block used for sandpaper underneath the helmet box to raise the front part of the seat. This i much bettet but of course the screw holes and plastic are all wrong now but i feels much better.

I would like to hear your comment and se your modification to the seat.

art

• View Profile
Re: seat and rear shocks feels wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »
  You can try setteng the spring tension to the softest position It's pretty nice on my s200,but I find all the small tire scoots share this problem to some extent. There are after market springs and shocks available.
  The seat Is probably the biggest gripe for me on all the kymco's(my only one  ;) ) Just think if they had put a yamaha seat on these things. Back in the day we would pop the staples off the seat cover and mod the seats all the time. My sister did this and installed a couple of office gel pads to her people 150 and swears by it. Cut,place and staple back together.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:42:04 AM »
What conclusion did you finally come to? MY super 8 is ridiculously hard riding and as you know the wheels are not that small on the S 8
Later
bilyum

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:58:11 AM »
What conclusion did you finally come to? MY super 8 is ridiculously hard riding and as you know the wheels are not that small on the S 8

As to shocks, these is subjective. Yes, they are stiff but serves my purpose well because my wife rides pillion a lot. The handling is great with those stiff shocks.

As to the seat, yes, they are a bit wrong. Most of us here just resort to custom seats...

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
I wish the seat bump was farther back, maybe 3 inches. That would help. I backed the shock spring adjustment down a notch and it softened up the ride a bit.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()