Author Topic: Agility 50 parts compatibility.  (Read 4040 times)

imaginetheory

• View Profile
Agility 50 parts compatibility.
« on: October 08, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »
Im planning on doing some upgrades to my Agility RS50 over winter. Ive purchased a 80cc kit and I am now looking for a sports exhaust for it (my standard exhaust has cracked so needs replacing anyway) The problem I am now having is, Its hard to find performance upgrades in the UK for the Agility 50. I have been informed by one of my parts suppliers that the engine in the RS50 Agility 4 stroke is the same engine that is used in most chinese 50cc scooters 139QMB/QMA.

I am hoping that somebody here may be able to confirm if this is true or not. Im particularly looking at a Stage6 Exhaust (I use their products alot) but need to know if a 139QMB/QMA exhaust would fit the KG10SA engine the Kymco has...

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 parts compatibility.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:57:45 AM »
Sent an E-mail to my main parts supplier, they told me that the agility exhausts are compatible with the RS engine.
And about the Stage6 exhaust? Don`t think they`ve got 4 stroke/agility exhausts :(

Don`t forget to check the return policies btw

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »
If 139QMB parts such as exhausts, carbs etc are compatible then the Stage6 exhaust will work perfect for the set up I will have. They have been doing 4 stroke exhausts for a while now..

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1164/stage6-chinese-4-stroke-sport-exhaust

I would get it cheaper from my supplier because im a trader myself but I cant find anything on if the 139QMB stuff will work on a KG10SA engine which is what is in my RS 4T.  :-\

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 02:11:56 PM »
If you`re a trader yourself, then why don`t you remove an agility exhaust sometime and try to see if it fits on your RS?

By the way, have you got any idea how hot a cvt gets (the part that holds the rollers/the rollers, not the part where the belt had contact) ? I want to see what kind of effect some dry lube (PTFE, some sport vario`s are already coated with the stuff) will have, but its rated for max. 260 degrees C (500F).

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 04:26:46 PM »
Because I dont want to waste my hard earned ££ on something that might not fit, Id rather see what other experiences people have or see if somebody else knows first, Its just being smart..

There's no need for any type of lube even dry lube in the variator, It makes almost zero difference. Its just a old myth. Regular roller and belt changes, keep the variator and inside the casing as clean as possible/clean up any belt dust whenever you have the casing off and itll be good to go. From what my supplier tells me they coat them when they are first made so that the metal part does not rust or corrode whilst in storage in their warehouse.

When it comes to lubrication and maintenance, Unless the manual tells you to do it, nine times out of ten, its best not to do it.

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 08:27:45 PM »
Oh you`re a trader yourself as in selling parts for a profit, I imagined something like owning a shop which sells scoot`s and does maintenance etc etc...
Don`t have any experience with the RS, can`t help there sorry :( I can`t tell you anything more that my main parts supplier told me any kymco agility exhaust would also fit the RS.

Hmm cleaning the casing would be a good idea, there`s a nice layer of the black dust covering it lol.  ::)

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »
The basics of it - Im a mobile scooter mechanic, the only scooter specific mechanic that happens to be mobile in my area. I also buy accident damaged scooters, repair them and sell them on (hence me being a trader) I service and repair upto 10 scooters per day. But I also source and supply hard to find parts + accessories too. I just dont have an actual shop.. 100% mobile.

I dont get many Kymco's to service/repair as they are one of the brands that most people do all of their own work on, So I know not alot about parts compatibility regarding them. Have been doing some more research and it looks like the Peugoet V-Clic uses the same exhaust as the KG10SA engine does, the V-Clic uses a 139QMB engine. Im going to take the risk and buy the Stage6 exhaust now I know that info, If not, Ill just sell the exhaust on to one of my customers for full price.

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
Im going to take the risk and buy the Stage6 exhaust now I know that info, If not, Ill just sell the exhaust on to one of my customers for full price.
  ;D

Took my variator cover off and cleaned the whole thing, sprayed teflon spray on the rollers/inside of the variator/boss and boyy does she run smooth and quick. Picks up way better and doesn`t really `stutter`with the acceleration. Just a thing that worried me a little bit, the variator + clutch bell housing got pretty hot since I`ve cut the CDI and changed the weights from 6.5 to 5.5g, some spots were blue/purple showing that it got pretty hot lol. Does it hurt or is it just fine?

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »
  ;D

Took my variator cover off and cleaned the whole thing, sprayed teflon spray on the rollers/inside of the variator/boss and boy does she run smooth and quick. Picks up way better and doesn't really `stutter`with the acceleration. Just a thing that worried me a little bit, the variator + clutch bell housing got pretty hot since I've cut the CDI and changed the weights from 6.5 to 5.5g, some spots were blue/purple showing that it got pretty hot lol. Does it hurt or is it just fine?

Its fine. That's fairly normal. You should see mine... I think i'm two colors short of a rainbow on it  :D

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 01:07:16 AM »
FYI If your steel parts are turning blue they are getting over 300 degrees & probably closer to 400. We heat parts for assembly where I work to 200-250 to slide bearings, hubs... onto shafts that have an interference fit. 300 is MAX! Once they've turn blue around 400, they lose their hardening & are junk. I'm guessing you guys are talking about the variator ramps? Not the sheaves where the belt runs I'm sure that would eat the belt.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 06:50:24 AM »
Talking about the clutch bell, that thing got some blue-ish sports on it

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »
Talking about the clutch bell, that thing got some blue-ish sports on it
Clutch bell is fine. Any other part NO.

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 11:20:42 PM »
The "bell" OK thanks. I'm use to CVT lingo where you have a spider, spring, rollers, slides, weights & ramps.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 03:59:48 PM »
Don`t want to open a topic for this question, as there probably are already some of these here. Search function sucks.

But what`s your guys mileage/setup with the A50? I`m running full de-restricted and 5,5g rollers and using fuel at about 33km/l (77.5MPG) :(
Which mods affect your fuel consumption the most? Used to run at about 45km/l (105MPG) before I cut the CDI and did the rollers.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »
5.5g rollers on a Naraku "sports" variator,smooth boss and kevlar belt, Derestricted CDI, . Im currently at 20,500KMs on the clock (i think, probably more but not a clue as i rarely ride it nowadays because i have other scoots)
weighing in at 280 pounds i'm getting 60MPG. Im expecting the MPG to decrease when I do the exhaust swap. I dont see it as much of a problem as it doesn't cost much to fill it up and its still way cheaper than running a car.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()