Author Topic: UXV 700 Race Build  (Read 10259 times)

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
Re: UXV 700 Race Build
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 12:52:59 AM »
Hahaha top secret. I talked to kymco also. But they had no help for me. And they said the same thing about the warranty. I am gonna take my cdi box to a computer geek this week. I am sure I can just solder a larger Quartz in place of the other, but I'm unsure of how they work. I already had the box apart and located it. I also was told the mxu cdi box has a higher limit, but that was from an unreliable source. Just asked on the mxu side of the forum, I just want mine to make it to 55mph and I'll be happy.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 03:33:11 AM »
Oh, you'll be happy alright, until you get to 55, then you'll want to do 60, then 65....I know how this works. Good luck with the mods. Let us know how well it goes!

pndwv

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 06:24:46 PM »
Mine will go 56 mph by the speedo with no mods
                                    Paul

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 05:01:48 AM »
Paul, I think that's a very good number. I know the limiter on mine kept it to 43mph. Check it against your smart phone if you have one. You can download a speed app so you can see how fast you are going regardless of tire size changes etc.

pndwv

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »
We have a garmin will check it and let you know
                        Thanks,Paul

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 03:11:57 AM »
Dyno pulls, power to the ground.
Everything stock, 27" tires = 34hp
Computer and Dobeck fuel controller = 36hp + more rpm
We are working on an intake, should add 3-4hp
Next is an exhaust and we'll see where that takes us.
The head, piston and jug is on it's way to see what can be done to flow better there.

I'll post graphs once I get my hands on them.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »
Well I tried to change the peice in the computer. It is call a tantalum capacitor. Went with the wrong size and didn't work. Wouldn't run at all? Luckily I put the old one back in and it is ok now. Oh well. I'm curious does anybody's exhaust glow hot, when I look under at night it is glowing red. I am curious if everybody's does that. Took it to the stealership and they said it is fine. That's been bugging me since I bought it.

laidback

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
My exhaust also glow's red but I don't think it's a problem. I've read the rhino forum they do the same thing.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 09:53:47 PM »
Here is the Dyno chart of going from stock to the computer and Dobeck fuel controller.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 09:56:41 PM »
Here is the chart with the computer and fuel controller, but adding a custom intake. The rpm difference was due to the guys shutting it down early and not doing a full pull. I'll get more charts after we add the clutch mod.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 01:11:52 PM »
i hate to say it but I test drove a rzr 900s on Saturday. All I can say is what an awsome machine. Only $3000 more than what I paid. I wish the kymco had some aftermarket parts, time to take a huge loss I believe. My best advice to anybody wanting to purchase a kymco is do your research. Test drive a few different brands. I didn't. And it all depends on what you are planning to do with it. It worked good plowing snow, but trail riding and keeping up with the group, not gonna happen.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:51 PM »
Nothing to hate. The 900s is a different class of vehicle. If you test drive a Rzr 1000, you will see another big step up in performance...for a few more dollars of course. The vehicles the Kymco compares against are other utility focused vehicles such as the Polaris Ranger, Honda Pioneer, Yamaha Viking etc. You say "only" $3000 more than the Kymco. If we're talking 10k and 13k, that's a 33% increase in price, for many that's a big change. When my kit is done, it will give essentially the same suspension performance as the 900s, 12 up front, 13.75 in back, but I can't make up the displacement difference in power. Good luck with your purchase, give us a long term report after you've had it a bit.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
Nice rig Al.

Look into the HPI Inner rotor ignition, and programmable CDI.  http://www.hpi.be/cdi.php

If they don't have a mounting kit for your machine (inner rotor kit) They will make it. I could see in the Vid. you need more torque at low rpm, and advanced timing plus race fuel will give it to you.

I'd also look into making a much stiffer control spring for the rear pulleys.

I'm sure you can make that thing a screamer.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »
Thanks for the lead Zombie!

I sent them an email, see if we can get something going on.

I have a 12.4:1, 105mm piston going in, that should help a bit. I'm trying out a couple of clutch set ups, one from epi, the other from KYMCO. I also have some stronger springs to put in the wet clutch. We have two different grinds on a cam, one is all around the other is high rpm. I'll drop in the high rpm cam :). The all around cam will go in the back up 700. I also bought a 425cfm blower to put on the clutch, gonna keep that puppy cool!

After I get all of these parts on, then we can see about flowing the head. Looking for a larger throttle body, but not really finding anything readily available that doesn't require a lot of rework. I might have to be content with boring this one out.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »
HPI is a great bunch of fellas, and very cool to work with. They never had a rotor for the ZX-50's until I worked with them to get one made. I ended up with about a grand worth of their products to test, and tune. It's all still 100% more than a year later.

You're really on the ball with this machine, and I respect what you are doing, as well as your approach. Get the big dogs in the fight, and let THEM do the worrying.Just for experimental purposes... What about salvaging a throttle body, and injector from a large bore motorcycle?
Maybe even a Harley aftermarket kit. I'd be at the wrecking yards looking...

Please don't bail out on us. I'd love to see where this leads for you.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()