Author Topic: Uphill power? Does the Like 200i struggle up hills?  (Read 6925 times)

CrzRani

• Rani
    • View Profile
Re: Uphill power? Does the Like 200i struggle up hills?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 12:56:36 AM »
Which dealer? I live in SoCal and got my 2013 Like200i for $2,850 Out the Door from Pacific Motorsports back in Dec.2013. Also I manged to get 45 MPH on a steep hill in San Pedro. Power on a freeway? Top Speed 55MPH I can prove it

http://youtu.be/SxvD4LlPOV8?list=LLjc4eWl-qsX5zZnn9kgpoaA

Dang!  I love all the posts.  And all the great ideas and as to what can be achieved with the illuminated trunk!  I really do love the color scheme and the retro look.  Seems like the hills shouldn't be an issue with all of the posts.

I got a OTD price of $2696 from Mountain Motorsports 'supposedly" cause I've purchased 3 other motorcycles from them in the past, so this was their best price.  I'm still on the fence to pull the trigger, cause I still have my other scooter.  I don't know why?  Perhaps cause the holidays are looming. 
Why lose weight, buy more horsepower......

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 01:07:11 AM »
Dang!  I love all the posts.  And all the great ideas and as to what can be achieved with the illuminated trunk!  I really do love the color scheme and the retro look.  Seems like the hills shouldn't be an issue with all of the posts.

I got a OTD price of $2696 from Mountain Motorsports 'supposedly" cause I've purchased 3 other motorcycles from them in the past, so this was their best price.  I'm still on the fence to pull the trigger, cause I still have my other scooter.  I don't know why?  Perhaps cause the holidays are looming. 
That might be a great price in your area...
But, have seen 'em at $2K.....plus paperwork and state tax.
Do take a look at some bigger Kymco's (300cc) going for $3K .....a size you may never need to up-scale.
Even if you have to have them shipped - could be a real baragain.
BUT, you could wait till after the holidays, deep in winter and watch what the prices drop to!
I paid $3200 out the doorfor my LIKE200iLX....and shouldn't have.....but didn't know any better.
That would have gotten me a new left-over 300cc Kymco.
Stig
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »
That's a good price for the area. Stig, it is almost impossible to buy a new out of state bike if you reside in California . It's a bogus deal. You can bring one in if you move here, but you can't go get one.
 The 300's are still going for the mid $4k range here, plus you have to fight the add on fees they want to charge.
 I am waiting for the price to drop more before I buy another scooter.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

CrzRani

• Rani
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 11:34:01 PM »
That's a good price for the area. Stig, it is almost impossible to buy a new out of state bike if you reside in California . It's a bogus deal. You can bring one in if you move here, but you can't go get one.
 The 300's are still going for the mid $4k range here, plus you have to fight the add on fees they want to charge.
 I am waiting for the price to drop more before I buy another scooter.
Yea, I think most people forget that since we live in the wonderful state of California, we can't just buy a bike in another state and bring it in.   The 49-state bikes, don't apply in California; emission standards prevail.   The bike has to be used and have a minimum of 7,500 miles on it before you can register it in Cali.  Hence why buying new in CA is always more and usually just easier to pay the price difference.  And to clarify, the $2,696 is the "out the door" price (tax, license, title all included in that number). 

I'm going to go out this weekend and check it out, and knowing my impulse buying specialty as a woman, it'll probably end up in my garage. 

8)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 12:27:13 AM »
Yea, I think most people forget that since we live in the wonderful state of California, we can't just buy a bike in another state and bring it in.   The 49-state bikes, don't apply in California; emission standards prevail.   The bike has to be used and have a minimum of 7,500 miles on it before you can register it in Cali.  Hence why buying new in CA is always more and usually just easier to pay the price difference.  And to clarify, the $2,696 is the "out the door" price (tax, license, title all included in that number). 

I'm going to go out this weekend and check it out, and knowing my impulse buying specialty as a woman, it'll probably end up in my garage. 

8)

Good luck...it is a pretty nice scooter!
I would have thought most vehicles are 50 state approved these days.
$2700 for a LIKE200i still seems a bit high - but you folks have more knowledge about CA prices.
We'll be needing pictures of your scoot parked in some SoCal scenery!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CrzRani

• Rani
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
Well it's done!  The garage is getting very full of my bikes and my husband wants his work space back!  So I pulled the trigger and there he is - "still working on a name for my new toy"....He is so purdy and you guys were right; no problem getting around my hilly town, although I already do miss the gas mileage I get with my Met, but it's all good!.  I can't believe gas is in the $2-- here in Cali.  Amazing!  I guess depending on slow I want to ride that day, I've got all variations.  50, 200, 600, 1000. 

Thanks for all the info from everyone.  I know I'll be very happy with my purchase.....now to work on the lighted trunk.   ;D  That's a great idea.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()