Author Topic: rollers  (Read 1071 times)

Grumpy old man

• View Profile
rollers
« on: August 16, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »
Hi kids

I am thinking about replacing my belt and rollers on the old 06 GV used to you could find any Kymco part but now it's getting tough to find them online and the dealership thinks that it will take a couple of weeks to get the Kymco parts from their supplier.

How are you getting parts now?  I saw the report about the belt using a gates as a replacement I actually have one we got several years ago as a spare.  I might use it anyhow. 

stuo

• View Profile
Re: rollers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
I've had good luck on ebay for rollers, both for my GV 250 and DT300. Both sets were around $20, postage included.
2009 GV 250

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:53:18 AM »
Hi kids

I am thinking about replacing my belt and rollers on the old 06 GV used to you could find any Kymco part but now it's getting tough to find them online and the dealership thinks that it will take a couple of weeks to get the Kymco parts from their supplier.

How are you getting parts now?  I saw the report about the belt using a gates as a replacement I actually have one we got several years ago as a spare.  I might use it anyhow.

Which dealer are you working with?  I need some oem parts.  Personally, I would not change the belt and rollers unless there is a problem.  I switched to Dr pulley sliders @ 10K mi and now have 28K and they are working fine. My belt oem kymco mfg 2009 and has 18K on it and still in spec.
PaulC

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 11:53:36 AM »
I don't mess with the friction surfaces of the clutch if it's working smoothly - but I  do change the belt as per the Kymco replacement schedule.
I face a few situations every ride where total loss of drive would be really hairy!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »
I don't mess with the friction surfaces of the clutch if it's working smoothly - but I  do change the belt as per the Kymco replacement schedule.
I face a few situations every ride where total loss of drive would be really hairy!
Stig

For sure.  Also, there is a hidden danger in the scooter belt drive system.  If you are driving over ~ 15 mph and you turn off the engine with the kill switch the transmission is still engaged forcing the engine to move just like a motorcycle with gears.... but if the the belt drive system ever jammed unlike a motorcycle you could not pull the clutch lever in and disengage it so the rear tire would lock likely causing loss of control. 

I did not want to weld the clutch assembly but the online parts show the 38mm nut to be unavailable.  So not having confidence about replacement parts and not wanting the scooter in an unusable condition led me down the current path.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()