Author Topic: not keen on seeing this  (Read 145 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
not keen on seeing this
« on: March 04, 2024, 05:30:07 PM »
Too lazy to use my gas can this morning - when I rode off the driveway I saw 3 'bars', "this might have been a mistake".
I think it is only the 2nd time I've seen it come on. No idea how much the Vietnamese/Italians have allowed for reserve....since I fill from a gas can. This was lit, and there weren't any 'bars' remaining when I arrived home. Too stubborn to stop at a station!

Heading out through town - I was stopped by one H of a long train! I finally just shut off the scooter.
Track is close behind the Marriott Hotel - and the R.R. has agreed to silence the horn through this area, with warning signs to this effect.

Stig
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 05:34:02 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: not keen on seeing this
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:23:31 PM »
a few years ago, my GF bought a cheap no name scooter, she rode it back and forth to her job 2 miles away, for 2 months, then one day she came walking pushing the scooter, had no idea what was wrong, never thought of putting gas in it
RandyO
IBA#9560

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 08:15:51 AM »
Bet you were sweating those last few miles?

When I commuted to work I did run out one morning in the countryside once. Aargh!  Helped out by a kindly farmer. After that I always carried a 500 ml bottle of fuel under the seat and, predictably, never needed to use it thereafter!  (I may fill it and take it with me on my charity ride in May though…)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 10:40:41 AM »
My Like 150i has around .3 Gal left when the low fuel warning comes on.  That should be good for at least 20 miles.  That is by far the least reserve of any bike I have owned.  My experience is that most bikes have at least 30 miles left after low fuel warning or having to turn the petcock to reserve on older bikes.  My KLR650 had something like 80-90 miles left on reserve!  My KLX 250 low fuel warning comes on after using 1.3 gallons and still has .7 Gal left.

While I do keep some gas in a can at home and often fill my bikes from it, I also use gas stations so I can calculate my gas mileage and also get an idea how much gas I have left when the low fuel warning comes on.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()