Author Topic: Scooter losing power on throttle.  (Read 9452 times)

Elvedin

• View Profile
Scooter losing power on throttle.
« on: August 02, 2016, 09:13:01 AM »
I was riding my scooter at a full throttle when it suddenly lost power and lowered revs to the idle. After that the scooter is unable to handle any load, I can slowly increase throttle and drive at very low speed, but as soon as I increase speed or go uphill it stalls to idle. If I hold throttle it's constantly trying to increase revs but failing and going back to idle.

My scooter is relatively new (it has les than a year) and I've done the oil and spark plug replacement. Also I replaced variator and CDI with Naraku racing parts a month ago.

I checked the motor from outside and it has no visible signs of damage. Also I checked the variator and it looks ok.
I will appreciate if someone can help me with an advice. Thanks.

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Scooter losing power on throttle.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 09:19:22 AM »
What make and model is it?

Paul

Elvedin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:22:51 AM »
It's Agility 50 4T from 2014.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »
If carb slide is not rising properly, may be able to just replace the diaphragm.

! No longer available

! No longer available

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 09:08:58 PM »
On my wife's 2013 about 1/4 of the diaphragm pulled out & folded inwards, the top of the carb loosened up. I was able to pop the top off the carb & put it back where it belonged. FYI on CV carb roughly the first quarter of the throttle is controlled by the butter fly then the vacuum starts to open the slide as the motor demands. You can control the speed of the slide opening with the pilot screw If you get a lean misfire/pop, from opening to fast.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

Elvedin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 10:57:32 AM »
Thanks to everyone. I've managed it to work, and the problem was probably that some dirt from fuel came into the carburetor line.

I suspected that there is not enough fuel passing to the engine, because there was little gases passing through muffler, and the engine works good on low throttle.
First I removed the fuel filter and tried to clean it, but it seemed that it's already clean and the air passes through.
Then I opened the carburetor and removed and tried to clean main jet and everything inside, but it didn't help neither.
The next step was to detach the carburetor fuel tube from the filter and to blow some air through it. After that step the engine started to work normally.

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »
I have had this problem twice with my A50. The first time I took all sorts of things apart to try to solve it. I cleaned every part of the carb, fuel lines, and air intake. Nothing helped so I replaced the spark plug and checked the electronics. After all of that it still didn't get better. I drained the gas and added fresh 93 octane as a last ditch effort. Boom everything was solved and the scooter road exactly like normal again.
The second time my scooter wouldn't rev up much past idle I went straight to the store and hot a bottle of ISO-HEET Fuel-Line Antifreeze, Water Remover, & Injector Cleaner. Dripped an ounce or two into my gas tank and shook the scooter a bunch until I felt like it was mixed well. Fired it up and let it idle a while until I felt it was recieving the treated gas. Sure enough, the scooter ran like normal once again.

If you're ever having trouble starting a scooter or getting it to run like normal after a fill up, your easiest and cheapest option is to replace or treat the gas. When that doesn't work then begin to dig into the mechanics and components.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 11:23:09 PM »
Replace the gas line with new. Use the ones you can see threw. Just makes it easy to keep a eye on it.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 11:42:15 PM »
Do they come with fuel filters?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 01:56:28 AM »
Do they come with fuel filters?
   no.just go to auto zone.or any auto store.and you should beable to find what ya want.

jesseg010

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 03:04:27 AM »
under breath the seat on the side I had something come unplugged . I just happened to notice this. plugged it back in and the bogging down went away

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()