Author Topic: agility rs unrestricted drive boss  (Read 4469 times)

Andreeh00

• Kymco Agility RS 50 4s
    • View Profile
agility rs unrestricted drive boss
« on: July 18, 2015, 07:35:11 PM »
So i can do one modification to my agility RS 50cc 4t (tuning laws in Finland are very strict and i dont want to get into too much trouble) ,and ive read from the forum that the drive boss in the variator is the way to go.

So what i want to know is does the drive boss ADD More accelration speed as top speed?  And how hard is it to install it?

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
Re: agility rs unrestricted drive boss
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
Top speed by letting the variator shift out farther. Easy to do check youtube for video. Read the "Derestricted variator pin post"  by Bravin Neff
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

thenaaks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:40:45 AM »
Drive boss mod will increase top speed. Tuning the variator will help with acceleration, as well as overall driveability.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Andreeh00

• Kymco Agility RS 50 4s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:20:16 AM »
And btw, do i need to install a kevlar belt to handle the tuning on my bike? Ive read from the forum that tuning puts extra preassure on the belt, and installing a kevlar belt would be smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »
There's better things to spend money on. I'm running a Big Bore 72cc with heavy rollers & a stock belt with no extra belt dust from what I see. Wait until your old belt wears out/width under spec, if you're going to buy one.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"

Andreeh00

• Kymco Agility RS 50 4s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »
I would go for a big bore kit too if the laws in Finland weren't so awful.. Cops enjoy test driving mopeds here. you are only allowed to got 45 km/h and tuning will get u a ticket,u might lose your  driving license and/or registration plate, may get a driving suspension for 1-12 month's and u will have to pay a motorcycle tax if the moped goes over 65 km/h. So I am going to keep my tuning in the low end, not something so noticeable. A unrestricted drive boss, 5, 5 g Naraku rollers and a derestricted CDI .

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 04:34:09 PM »
With a derestricted variator boss, 5.5g rollers, and a derestricted (no rev limit) CDI you will be hit hitting right around 65km/h actual speed (likely 70-75km/h speedo).

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 02:28:10 AM »
The restricted/stock boss is what will restrict the top speed so you could tune with it in the bike to improve acceleration.

Andreeh00

• Kymco Agility RS 50 4s
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
Yeah, i installed the unrestricted boss and i already get 60km/h(speedo), so ill prob just add the 5,5g rollers and stick with those.

I would just stick with the boss but the accelration is kinda slow still.

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »
That sounds about right. If you're worried about the laws around you its probably just best to leave the CDI stock and tune the CVT with different rollers and contra springs. That will get you the acceleration that is desperately needed but not a huge top speed.

Andreeh00

• Kymco Agility RS 50 4s
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »
Yeah that's what im going to do.

BTW does anyone know is this Naraku variator any good? https://www.scooter-attack.com/shop/#!/en/Kymco/Agility-RS-50/CVTs/Replacement/AVARIONARAKUGY6-Variator-Naraku-Standard.html

I would get a malossi or polini if i had extra money to spend, but those variators also come with boss and other things and i dont need another boss. But i want to change something, cuz it takes too long for it to accelerate and it loses speed at uphills.

One last thing, ive been hearing weird noises from variator/clutch case when driving on full speed, when i slightly push down the kick  start while the engine is on (not a good thing to do, i know) then the weird noises stop for a while. Might some part be loose or is something getting in contact with something?

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »
I have the Malossi variator kit. The drive boss that it comes with is slightly shorter I believe allowing the belt to ride even higher in the variator for more top end. It also comes with the 1000 contra spring which helps with acceleration and high climb. The variator itself I found to be quite nice as the acceleration is smoother and a tiny bit better on top end. I would suggest a 1500 contra spring but if you get the malossi package you probably wont NEED it. 1500 will improve high climb more than the 1000 contra spring.

That rattling/noise.... many people have had it, in fact I had it. I don't remember if it went away after I got my new variator or before that but I don't think it actually causes any problems. I do remember always putting pressure on the kick starter and the noise would go away for a while. I have always been convinced its from a slight imbalance in the variator from unevenly worn rollers/sliders. But I could be wrong.

Andreeh00

• Kymco Agility RS 50 4s
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »
I checked the variator today again, and before removing the nut that holds the variator i tried if the variator moves, and it sightly did, and as i was moving the variator i heard the same kind of rattling noice. Im pretty sure its just the original variator after a smooth boss change.

I would need to invest 52+14€ to get the malossi multivar tho.. :/
but i guess if im going to invest any money on the new parts i should just straight up get the malossi one.
And how much do u weigh? I my self am 84kg so the 1500 spring would be right for me, u sure the 1000 spring is ok?

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
I weigh 165lbs (75kg) and the 1000 is okay for me. You could probably get by with the 1000 but even I would like the 1500. Its going to be a give and take with you over money. If you buy the malossi then you wont want to spend the money for the 1500. If you buy the Naraku you could probably buy the 1500. I'm not sure how the Naraku variator is, so it could be better with the 1500 spring than the Malossi is or it could be worse. Do some research and see if the Naraku is a good variator.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()