Author Topic: spark plug help  (Read 1105 times)

mverps

• View Profile
spark plug help
« on: May 06, 2013, 02:22:58 AM »
I just bought a 2009 Grand Vista, ran fine for my first 2 short rides. Would not start today, Did it flood?
It almost acts like there is no spark. How do I get to the spark plug? Any help would certainly be appreciated.
Mike

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
Re: spark plug help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »
You need to take the entire trunk insert with the seat off, which is no big deal. 6 screws, nuts and bolts
  • 2 chromed acorn nuts when you open the seat where the seat locking mechanism is
  • 2 bolts in the front on the bottom of the trunk insert
  • 2 small screws under the mat (you need to lift/remove) you take off to release the lower front plastic fascia of the trunk

Now you can lift the entire seat and trunk assembly out, but you need to disconnect the trunk light and power outlet electrical plugs.

I would recommend you find yourself the PDF workshop manual online, that will be of great help to you in the future.

mverps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
Thank you Windwheeler, I suspected something like that.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:13:01 PM »
Mine is a 2004.  On the lower left side just behind the floor pan there is a triangular louver.  I was able to pop the louver out, change the plug and pop the louver back in.  You'll also have to lay on the floor to locate the plug behind the panel. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()