Author Topic: Larger windshield for a 2008 Grand Vista 250  (Read 4990 times)

Curly

• View Profile
Larger windshield for a 2008 Grand Vista 250
« on: August 30, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »
I saw a windshield on a Grand Vista. It was taller and wider than the original.Can anyone tell me where to look ar find this item. Thanks Curly

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: Larger windshield for a 2008 Grand Vista 250
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »
Kymco has one under accessories. Could this be the one you saw?

http://www.strmotorsports.com/access/index_onroad.html
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

guzzihack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
Hi.  I just bought a 2006 Grand Vista 250.  The guy I bought it from has the tall GIVI windshield for it.   I'm assuming that the 08 is the same, but the GIVI site should know.  I could get your info to him if interested.

Tubacscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
Tall GIVI windshield for GV250 is great,  It is easy to install and completly blocks the wind.  I would not like to ride without it.  You can find it on the GIVI site or google GIVI grandvista windshield.  Also when searching for GV parts remember that in other parts of the world the scooter is called a Grand Dink.

zodiac927

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that having the larger windshield makes the scoot more difficult to handle under windy conditions or interstate driving.  It makes sense because of the extra wind resistance and we're only talking about a 250 here.  I have the standard windshield on my Grand Vista so I couldn’t say for sure but I think it could have some merit.

Zodiac  8)

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
Contrary to popular belief a properly designed windshield will reduce wind resistance, not increase it. The human body, as it sits on a scooter is not very aerodynamic. A properly designed and sized windshield will help overcome this problem. Hence the reason many riders report an improvement in speed and gas mileage after installing one.

I will agree, on the other hand that a windshield may cause handling issues under certain conditions. In cases of severe crosswind the windshield could behave much like a sail.
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

catman2130093

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
I have the tall Givi touring windshield on my GV. It's nearly impossible to see through in rain. Rain-X says on the bottle not to use it on some types of plastic. Givi doesn't say anything one way or the other. Has anyone here had success (or not) with Rain-X on a Givi windshield?   Thanks!

catman2130093

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:02:44 AM »
I have the tall Givi touring windshield on my GV. It's nearly impossible to see through in rain. Rain-X says on the bottle not to use it on some types of plastic. Givi doesn't say anything one way or the other. Has anyone here had success (or not) with Rain-X on a Givi windshield?   Thanks!
  I got an email from Givi today-they said Rain-X would yellow the windscreen-they recommend a thin layer of NuFinish polish.  Hope this helps someone else.. ;D

raypomp

• View Profile
Windshield model for '06 Grand Vista
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »
I recently upgraded from a People 150 to an '06 Grand Vista. If anyone has added a taller Givi windshield, what was the model number? I found a listing for a D290ST, and one for a 290DT. They are different sizes. Anyone have info? Thanks!

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 04:26:51 AM »
Anybody WANTS TO SELL A USED GIVI windshield in the USA?

Please let me know:  Eric Cell 704-nine-six-five-9-5-9-two
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:17:41 PM by windwheeler »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()