Author Topic: Engine dies when increasing throttle (movie)  (Read 4775 times)

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Engine dies when increasing throttle (movie)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »
carb cracks
Probably not a significant issue in that area since the chamber below the diaphragm is vented to the oval intake port.

Since the troubleshooting "holy trinity" is fuel, compression, and spark . . if cylinder compression checks out, might be time to consider an ignition issue.  Perhaps you could test with another GY6 coil and wire assembly borrowed from a fellow scooter rider.  Next would be testing the voltage impulses from the trigger pickup coil with a multimeter.  And last would replacement of the DC-CDI.

VERY interested in what deficiency you eventually discover . . this gremlin seems a bit elusive to find!

yatezy9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »
Wow its been a bit of a bugger this scoot, but I've finally got all systems go.
It turns out that i had two problems:
One was the carb
The second was the dc cdi box

I'm still a bit unsure of what was going on with the carb, but i did notice some differences between the old carb and the one i got off the wreckers. Firstly the build quality was way better, i think my old carb was built on a Friday afternoon just b4 Chinese new year, shiit. Slight stepped wear on the needle slide, needle slightly loose in holder, cracks in metal, made from less metal even though same model (maybe an upgrade?), anyway once i replaced the carb, engine did not die out like b4, but it didnt run smooth either, couldnt hold revs.

yatezy9

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 11:37:02 AM »
Then the postman came with a package the same day, an ebay gy6 dc cdi that id ordered 3 wks earlier on the off chance it would help (only $15 worth a try) popped her in and whamo! smooth revs.
Later on also replaced the coil and plug wire (hope i didnt go too cheapo on this one $7), seems to work well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:40:31 AM by yatezy9 »

yatezy9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
Now shes back together and going well Thanks everyone for ur help :)
Since the troubleshooting "holy trinity" is fuel, compression, and spark . . if cylinder compression checks out, might be time to consider an ignition issue.
I know i should probably have checked the compression I'll get there one day...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:51:57 AM by yatezy9 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()