Author Topic: 300lbs rider...wear and tear concerns?  (Read 6168 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: 300lbs rider...wear and tear concerns?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 02:43:48 AM »
Great find MassScoot!... I'm quite a fan of Chinese scooters myself. I can live with the poor plastic and other stuff but the only thing I cannot accept is the fast yellowing of the headlight lens of all Chinese scoots.  This is the one thing I cannot prevent from happening.  If the quality of this part improves, I will surely buy one...again...

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
The original Japanese bikes to the US had the same problem with parts distribution and that was before the internet... look at Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda today.  Chinese bikes are definitely here to stay and they know what they need to work out to really dominate the market.  I like that the Bintelli website was not in Engwish...  It was well built and read easily... which indicates they know their market a little better than some of the other chinese brands.
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
They all started copying.. the Japanese copies the U.S., then the Taiwanese, then the Koreans, now the Chinese.... but at the end of the day, they stop copying and dominate a big part of the market.  Now, the Chinese hire Italian designers and German engineers to really be felt in the market...

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »
Kymco was smart when they moved a lot of their factories over to China. Taiwanese labor costs are simply over-the-top now. I mean....Buying a Kymco Super 8 for $2300.00 (US Dollars) is a steal IMHO! If that was manufactured in Tiawan, the price would be an extra $600.00+

I like the Bintelli line, but they are just getting started & don't have enough dealers yet. So that's a Chinese signature? Yellowing of the plastics on the speedo? Either way...I think Kymco is the best that scooters have to offer here in the US. Not to say Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, SYM & Piaggio don't offer some soild scoots, just that Kymco is eating the marketshare as I write this.

Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
keep in mind, Kymco is not a chinese scooter company... made in China and being a chinese brand are two completely different things.  I do agree that if Kymco can increase the production in China, they can significantly increase their market share.  They already produce a quality product for a good price... but that price is only great on the Super 8... they need their people line and large bikes to meet that quality and price point too.  It will happen... just don't know when.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »
My Super 8 had been thru storms, floods, hot sun, pot holes, wots, and lots of wots.... it's 14 months old and still looks and feels new.... made in China? doesnt bother me a bit...  ;) 

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
Vivo: I'm heading down to my parents home on November 6th. My new Kymco Super 8 will be waiting for me in their garage. I can't wait to get on her & rack-up some miles! You're so correct that just because it's made in China, it's still a Kymco! Doesn't matter IMHO as well.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 02:05:54 AM »
Vivo: I'm heading down to my parents home on November 6th. My new Kymco Super 8 will be waiting for me in their garage. I can't wait to get on her & rack-up some miles! You're so correct that just because it's made in China, it's still a Kymco! Doesn't matter IMHO as well.

Ride safe!  ;)

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 08:05:52 AM »
Don't forget to dress up in the proper riding attire for your new scoot...

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
Car vs bike... If only Kymco used German engineers, you wouldn't need a helmet... you would need a special license and sign an agreement to only use it for the betterment of mankind...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()