General > Kymco News

Spoke with an actual "scooter shop" today re. KYMCOUSA

(1/2) > >>

Stig / Major Tom:
I've never been inside a real "scooter shop" before - a shop which only sells and services scooters! - but there is one over in the state capitol. (45miles)
They sell Kymcos as well as SYM, GENUINE and LANCE.
Today I spoke with the lady who runs the shop about her current experiences with KYMCOUSA.

She said that parts availability was "hit and miss there for awhile. Apparently someone in the warehouse was not restocking the parts. But lately things are better."
She said she has no problem keeping normal consumables in stock..."belts, rollers, etc."
She also mentioned that Kymcos are so reliable - that unless one has been in a wreck - they do not often need more than the normally consumed parts. "Brake pads, etc."

Some day I hope to drive over there for a visit. She said they'd be glad to do my tire change. (no tire purchase necessary)

I might ask my local big-all-brands motorcycle/atv/speedo/scooter shop about their recent experiences with Kymco - but one gets all kinds of answers over there.

Stig

NorWeWa:
That's good to hear. The local dealer here was a Kymco dealer. He has no problems working on them even now.  My Downtown 300 will probably out last me, and I enjoy doing the routine maintenance.

Art 

CROSSBOLT:
That is really wonderful to hear, Stig! I pray this light at the other end of this dark tunnel is the sunlight at the other end and not...a...well... you know...

Mancashire:
Would I be correct in assuming that you are referencing Cap City - the dream shop opened by the Easy Peasey couple? I’ve talked to them by phone and via scooter forums but have never had the opportunity to visit in-person.

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: Mancashire on April 07, 2023, 09:25:16 PM ---Would I be correct in assuming that you are referencing Cap City - the dream shop opened by the Easy Peasey couple? I’ve talked to them by phone and via scooter forums but have never had the opportunity to visit in-person.

--- End quote ---
Yep. Nice lady to talk with --someday I'll drive over for s visit.
I don't know  that part Columbus....so never will do it first on a scooter.
Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version