Author Topic: 2 front side lights  (Read 988 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
2 front side lights
« on: June 07, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
What's up with these lights, are they just missing the bulbs? It would be nice to hook these up as running lights or integrate them into the blinker circuit. Any ideas that's the least intrusive besides major scalping of the electrical system?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 2 front side lights
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 04:14:16 PM »
What's up with these lights, are they just missing the bulbs? It would be nice to hook these up as running lights or integrate them into the blinker circuit. Any ideas that's the least intrusive besides major scalping of the electrical system?
Please do the search for this subject in the LIKE pages......comes up nearly every time somebody buys a LIKE.
I think there are a couple fellows who tore into the front leg shield and wired these lights up...maybe even LEDs.
Most LIKEs sold in other countries have these wired for turn signals. They don't meet US codes - so we get the goofy generic stalk lights and they blanked off the ones in the front panels. Go in thru the glove box, remove the 2 black panels in there to see the back of these light sockets and some of the wiring that is present.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
Great info, so they're already powered up with sockets and all? Even running lights would be an improvement.........If I read correctly you can just hook them up and you'll have running lights, on my to do list.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:58:08 PM by 2wheelfun »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »
Great info, so they're already powered up with sockets and all? Even running lights would be an improvement.........If I read correctly you can just hook them up and you'll have running lights, on my to do list.
No, there's a bit more to it than that.
Have a look at the previous posts on this subject.
A few guys have taken it on.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()