Author Topic: need to take off side fairing where it says downtown on it  (Read 379 times)

hanksscooter

• View Profile
need to take off side fairing where it says downtown on it
« on: June 26, 2023, 01:04:20 AM »
Hope some one can tell me how to get the side fairing off completely. I have to access the wiring harness on the right side because I had an short with the bucket light and it started to fry the wires. I need to see how bad it is and where i can replace the wire but first need to get the fairing off.

I took off the rear top cover have the two screws that are holding the side cover in place but it seems to be stuck. I can bend it outward a little but need to be able to remove it completely to access the wiring harness.

Thank you in advance,
Hank

NorWeWa

• View Profile
Re: need to take off side fairing where it says downtown on it
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 04:24:32 AM »
First,  a Kymco manual can be downloaded off this link. The site is German but the manuals are in English.   https://kymco.at/kymco_store_view/dowloads/kymco.html   

Have you removed the under seat storage tray ?  I seem to recall, the wiring for the tray light is accessible.  I remove the tray light as I didn't need it. 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 12:33:54 PM »
You must remove the whole back white thing surrounding the seat if yours is white. There are two 10 mm hex nuts WAY BACK that need socket extentions to unscrew.

Oh, don't forget to unplug the tail light connector BEFORE you try to remove this thing!

I cannot even recall what needs undoing forward...you will find them...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

hanksscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 10:48:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input. I was able to remove the insulation sheathing from the suspected two wires that had been burnt without removing any more screws that were very inaccessible without a special tool to remove the fender skirt. They were burnt within about an inch and a half up to one of the main wiring harnesses. I taped off the ends and all is good now. I was concerned that it might have kept burning further up the line and cause another problem in the electrical system. I guess you could say i got lucky.

Thanks again for your input!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()