Author Topic: Dash lights Help!  (Read 349 times)

ccemn1

• View Profile
Dash lights Help!
« on: February 15, 2020, 02:29:51 PM »
I have a 2017, X-Town 300 i. Can someone please give me specific instructions in English, how to turn off the Oil Service Light? I change my own oil regularly and often, I don't need the reminder and it's annoying. The instruction manual doesn't make any sense at all in regards to this.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Fogie

• View Profile
Dash lights help!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »
If it's anything like the Yager, there are 3 odometers: one that can't be reset that measures the distance the bike has traveled in total, and two that can be reset. Of the two you can reset, one is for trips, and the other measures the "service interval"; with the Yager, when the service odometer reaches 1000, the service reminder light turns on. To turn it off, simply reset its odometer.
2012 Kymco Frost (Yager) 200i - Toronto, Canada

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Dash lights help!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »
If it's anything like the Yager, there are 3 odometers: one that can't be reset that measures the distance the bike has traveled in total, and two that can be reset. Of the two you can reset, one is for trips, and the other measures the "service interval"; with the Yager, when the service odometer reaches 1000, the service reminder light turns on. To turn it off, simply reset its odometer.
Pardon sounding like a wise guy but that is what he wants to know! How to reset the oil service light.
Had a Yager, don't remember how...have a Downtown. Reset by pushing and holding "Mode" and "Adjust" buttons simultaneously.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Fogie

• View Profile
Re: Dash lights help!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:34:56 PM »
Pardon sounding like a wise guy but that is what he wants to know! How to reset the oil service light.

That's precisely what I told him. What I didn't explain, was how to reset the odometers. I assume he knows that much about his bike.
2012 Kymco Frost (Yager) 200i - Toronto, Canada

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()