Author Topic: Stig's LIKE back from the shop  (Read 3951 times)

blackhawkfan

• View Profile
Re: Stig's LIKE back from the shop
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
200i is right on the money.  I had dealings with kymcousa over a front cover that fell from my S8 150, and I posted my most recent e-mail correspondence with one of their reps on that section.  Bottom line for now at least in my situation...the responsibility is put off onto a dealer who told me, seven weeks after they sold me the scooter, that they were no longer dealing with Kymcos.  Until kymco puts an all out effort in the USA to market its scooters and provide for the required aftercare with dealers who give a s@#$, we are going to have a problem.  I agree that the Kymco is a good scooter, I think it deserves a lot better, but until Kymco goes all out with the American market it's going to be the orphan child of the scooter world.

That said, I hope this is the end of your problems with the Like, Stig.
Proud owner of a red 2013 Kymco Super 8 150k
Scooter is stock

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Stig's LIKE back from the shop
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »
Following Crossbolt's encouragement to check the Kill Switch.
This morning I took apart the head set plastic on my LIKE.
To remove the Kill Switch you have to get at the back of it to compress the little tab.
I unplugged it and made a little jumper to by-pass the red switch....the scoot started fine.
Well, that didn't give me any new info, since it always had started with ease.
I didn't have time to test ride it (Church) plus if I do sell this scoot I will want the new owner to have a properly functioning Kill Switch for safety's sake.
So, I took the switch apart (an amazing number of little bits involved here! Even found it had been made with a bit of dielectric grease on the contacts and moving parts!) Cleaned & lubed the contacts and reassembled it all back into the scoot. I'm pretty darn certain now that the Kill Switch cannot be a factor in my scoot's lingering difficulties.
Will ride it to work on Monday to see how the 3 day rest has helped.
Still waiting on the new injector to come.....3 weeks so far.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()