Author Topic: Kymco zx50 super fever 50-60 mph free modification  (Read 50425 times)

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
Re: Kymco zx50 super fever 50-60 mph free modification
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 02:10:42 AM »
Use a Jasil (top racing) variator, and a Scorpion pipe. Cynthia, at Scooter Alley in Hawaii will hook you up. The var is 99.00 usd, and the pipe is 250.00. These will give you an honest 10mph gain.
  Is this still the varistor/ pipe combo to look for?

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
Apparently so. I've found the jasil variator for sale in the us but the seller will not post to the uk.
I've got contacts in the us who could act as a middle man. £52. Is it worth it though ?

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
Im in the US just new to the scene, may be I could help somehow.  Who are the US vendors?

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
Colorado powersports eBay seller
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:52:25 PM by naughty lee »

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »
Thanks,  I also found http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Honda_Dio_Elite_Daelim.html  It looks like you and batman are pretty much the only people posting these days.  I wouldn't of gotten the scoot if I didnt find this forum

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »
you and batman are pretty much the only people posting these days.

Somebody mentioned my name...lol  ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 06:53:44 PM »
Thanks,  I also found http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Honda_Dio_Elite_Daelim.html  It looks like you and batman are pretty much the only people posting these days.  I wouldn't of gotten the scoot if I didnt find this forum

Ahh! A good little find. Many thanks.
How are you getting on with your scoot ?

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 06:42:58 AM »
The Jasil is good but not better than the Polini variator and Malossi ramp plate combo. You should be able to get the Polini in the UK or near by. The Scorpion is a great pipe but expensive, not arrow pipe expensive but a bit much, if Cynthia wont ship it to you I think I knew somewhere in Australia that carried them for 240 AUD which is like 250 USD and Im sure theyll ship to the UK.
Hows the weather over there?
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 09:34:37 AM »
The weather is sh!t over here in the uk, it's ok though, because that's how we like it.
Summertime is coming though (70-90 degree F) which is about as good as it gets.

250 aud is a bit much, this little scoot only cost £180, ok it was a bit of a dog, but me and my son have had fun sorting it out.
It is unquestionably the quickest in the area, hitting 55mph on the flat with the rev limiter ON.

The green wire splice has been made into a switch. Unless we are speed testing it stays in its rev limited guise.

It's final test is in May when it goes over to the Isle of Man.
The plan is to ride it over the mountain, stop at Keppel gate, lean the mixture off a tad, override the rev limiter with the switch, then hammer it down to Creg ny baa.

It's a good hill, if it breaks the 65 mph mark, it will be crowned with some dynojet stickers and ( more importantly ) a set of "Manx legs" on the front.

Provided it doesn't blow up, the limiter will then go back on and the mixture richened a quarter turn. Any videos can then be uploaded onto YouTube ;-)

dan_the_man999

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
hi lee when in may are you goin to the isle of man coz me and 3 mates are going on the 10th of may till the 12th if i can get my zx running right lol

theaggravatedjew

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:47 AM »
Ahh! A good little find. Many thanks.
How are you getting on with your scoot ?
  Just knocked the dust off so far, called a few shops including this one that I posted.  They said that the cdi there doesnt work with the zx50, looks like I will hack up the stock cdi.

What about this kit: http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/kymco-ncygy6-50ccperformancetransmissionkit.html The aftermarket for this scooter is a bit confusing, it seems that certain parts designed for other scoots will work, but I am not clear as to which parts from other scooters work for my zx50. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:49:41 AM by theaggravatedjew »

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:38 PM »
hi lee when in may are you goin to the isle of man coz me and 3 mates are going on the 10th of may till the 12th if i can get my zx running right lol

We are heading over on the 24th of May, I'm staying all of practice and race week but my son is heading home after ten days. It's just over a hundred miles to Heysham from Stockton on tees. What part of the country are you from ?

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
  Just knocked the dust off so far, called a few shops including this one that I posted.  They said that the cdi there doesnt work with the zx50, looks like I will hack up the stock cdi.

What about this kit: http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/kymco-ncygy6-50ccperformancetransmissionkit.html The aftermarket for this scooter is a bit confusing, it seems that certain parts designed for other scoots will work, but I am not clear as to which parts from other scooters work for my zx50.

Your scoot should hit 50 mph without all that guff. Just trim the boss, check the belt is the correct one and lighten the rollers !

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
I think I had posted pics of the cdi mod... Nuttin to it really.
I can post if needed... I have the "Suitai" cdi on mine. A bit more expensive but they were custom at one point and now of course SA is selling the same cdi.....

lee, you shortened a zx boss?? Wow, they are short anyway... 36mm(normally boss's are 38+mm.. Of course the z is a breed apart....
(I did get the boss shaved on Black Widow down to 37.9mm to give a tad of aid)
I had done several other mods and only was hitting 51-52 on the oem cylinder on the zx, then she became a dam Beast....  ;D  ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »
Yes, grind it down to 34mm but no shorter, otherwise the kick start spigot isn't long enough to strike its mating face

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()