Author Topic: Just bought a new 2012 Super 8 50 2t. Hello everyone.  (Read 5938 times)

Chris0381

• View Profile
Re: Just bought a new 2012 Super 8 50 2t. Hello everyone.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 12:12:57 AM »

You can also drill out your jets, many do that.  Cheers

And some make em twice as big as planned.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

anarchyx34

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 07:41:13 PM »
Yeah I probably won't drill them out since they only cost a few $ each. Any merit in upgrading the carburetor since i'll end up having it off anyway? I've heard that the older People 50 has a 18mm carb and also comes with quite a bit more power from the factory.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 04:20:56 AM »
I think People has same carb, runs better because has less restrictions early years.  My 2005 People 50 2T runs great with stock exhaust, carb.  I recently installed Tecnigas Next-R and runs even better.  Read post by Art in People 50 forum for lots of good info, he's the People 50 expert IMO.  Installing larger carb is similar to expansion chamber, will make more HP at higher revs, but loose torque at lower revs.  For stop and go with 30mph top speed, you don't want larger carb IMO.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

anarchyx34

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »
Still haven't done anything yet. I have the unrestricted boss waiting to go in but I'm thinking of going a little further, meaning opening up the intake and the exhaust a bit. I have about 160 miles now and I noticed that it's "opened up" a bit. For example I'm actually able to hit 30mph now and sometimes a little more if there's a downgrade. I would like to hit at least 35mph. I would like to ditch the stock airbox altogether and go with a cone/pod style filter. I just need to know what size the carb inlet is. Also in terms of exhaust I don't know how much of an improvement the Techinigas Silent Pro is over stock.

I'm not trying to hit 50mph here, just want to be able to keep up with traffic a little better. I have a feeling I might be selling this scooter next year for a real motorcycle so there's not sense in modding the heck out of it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()