Author Topic: Super 9 nightmare pls help !  (Read 5766 times)

Mroz

• View Profile
Re: Super 9 nightmare pls help !
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 11:22:16 PM »
I have stock air box with stock filter , not sure what jet , will check it tomorrow
And yes a big open hole after removing choke  so my bad :D too much fuel

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 12:37:39 AM »
Take a look at the oil pump too. My bet is someone tied it wide open.

That would explain most everything.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Mroz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »
Ok main jet is 80 , needle looks pretty good too , oil pump was little open all the time , so i set it up correctly ...
Also the thick gasket between intake and carburetor have smaller inside opening than carb , can that be problem ?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »
Mroz said way back the plug was black. Wrong heat range/too rich. One or both.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mroz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »
Yes, iam using ngk br9 with airsal 70 cc kit
Is that the right plug ?
Also its a air cooled scooter
Thx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
Ok main jet is 80 , needle looks pretty good too , oil pump was little open all the time , so i set it up correctly ...
Also the thick gasket between intake and carburetor have smaller inside opening than carb , can that be problem ?

Dude drill that thing out!!!! That smaller carb spacer is a restriction!!!! You have to order the large size or drill it out with a step drill bit. No wonder your running so rich!!!! You'll have to go up in jet sizes too.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Mroz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 07:09:08 PM »
Dude drill that thing out!!!! That smaller carb spacer is a restriction!!!! You have to order the large size or drill it out with a step drill bit. No wonder your running so rich!!!! You'll have to go up in jet sizes too.
[/

Oh sh&t , but intake inside opening is same as the gasket does that  mean i need o drill the manifold too?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 09:18:50 PM »
[/

Oh sh&t , but intake inside opening is same as the gasket does that  mean i need o drill the manifold too?

Hmmmm how much smaller is the hole compared to the carb? Post up a picture if you can.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »
Racing planet has a 20mm intake for the S 9.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Mroz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »
Ok, one more question before i start drilling and jetting
I tried to start it up yesterday and after few tries nothing , i turn the key of and on and it start right away ...

The thing is that this scooter was running fine with this setup before , do u think it may be el.
Like coil or ignition?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
Anything is possible. 

Last week I installed a new cylinder head, and radiator in a Toyota Celica. The car ran great for 2 days, then began stalling at idle.  The MAP sensor went bad... Fixed that, and 2 days later the car started skipping at high rpm... The Ign coil went bad...

Point is parts fail when they want to, and this may confuse what you think is happening. The owners "buddy" insisted it was a fault in the new head. Just cause the last part you touched "appears" to be the fault, you have to remember everything works together, and parts fail when they want.

Check for spark when the bike won't start. also spray out the ignition cylinder (key set), w/ PB blaster. There may be dirty or worn contacts in there. I'd do all the switches actually. It's an older bike.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:48:44 PM by zombie »

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Super 9 nightmare pls help !
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 12:50:11 AM »
Something that I encountered as an issue that was hell for me to pin point - check your plug wire!  Mine had spark but would randomly die and was hard to start.  I pulled the wire from both the coil and cap,  both ends wore out,  clipped the ends and screwed them back in.  Voila.  A whole new world! (imagine me on a flying carpet with "Super 9" on the side).
Not saying that's your case,  but that issue eluded me and had me going crazy for too long.
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 03:44:41 AM »
I found all the grooves for the carb. needle worn off. The needle was floating up/down/rich/lean for months.
I went as far as to swap cylinder kits... You never know.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()