Author Topic: Fastest ZX -50) In the USA... Zombies Scoot.  (Read 8344 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Fastest ZX -50) In the USA... Zombies Scoot.
« on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »
Hi guys! Sorry I never finished the build thread but life got in the way. In a way I am finishing the thread right now. I bought a house down here, and the bike has not been ridden in about 8 months. I have a firm rule. If I dont use something for more that 6 months... I don't need it.

So here it is... 82 MPH in full one mile race trim. 65 MPH in circuit track trim. 65-70 MPH in street trim.
I have ALL the extras to last 1/2 a lifetime going with the bike. In fact if you have a rolling chassis I have enough parts to build another complete street race bike just in spares.
EVERY part of this bike is modified. Nothing is the way you can buy it, and every part has proven itself in reliability, and function.
Any interest just give me a call.    (904) 209-7zero91
It's listed here on CL    https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/4421221702.html

Love you guys!~!! Thanks!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Fastest ZX -50) In the USA... Zombies Scoot.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »
More Picts...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »
one more...

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »
Z.Z.Z.Z.ZZZZOMBIES BACK
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)
PM's OK!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:48:06 AM »
Undead as always!!! Still scootin my ass off as well.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 02:17:02 AM »
ZOMBIE!!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 06:08:37 AM »
How's life Brother Vivo?
Maybe when I sell this house i'll buy that island next door to yours! I'm real glad to see you still scootin' man. I thought the whole crew would be gone.

If you want this scoot I'll mail it one piece at a time.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 06:23:36 AM »
Glad to hear from you bro Z!.. Life's good and still scootering... You were gone just like that, and I was thinking the worst... Two days ago, I was fixing my things and the letter you mailed me with the stickers fell on my lap!  Was that a good sign? now I know it was... The Z man is here..!!  Wordslinger, Peters, Blue and the gang are still here.. and some very good men that came after... Are you gonna stop scootering? Why sell the Scoot man?  Actually, that can fit in one big box (dismantled) and shipped door-to-door to my house... 80 bucks, 45 days.. Lol!!  I hope you can still stay long with use here and answer some queries of other members... You sellin' the house and bought another?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
About the time I was building this bike I was negotiating for the house I'm in now. When I got the place it just sort of took over all of my time.

I am not giving up scootin' by any means. Just this ZX. I have well over 4 grand in the bike. On the opposite side of this coin I have the about 50 bucks in the "V-ruk" scoot I built, and I ride that all day every day.
I just can't justify keeping the ZX any longer. It's friggin beautiful, and runs like a demon but I never ride it. I think there is 25-30 miles on the thing.
It did 82MPH at the airfield, and toasted the clutch in one mile. That was due to the clutch slipping before it could grab the 5.6:1 gears. I did later runs where we towed up to 40MPH to spare the clutch but 82 is the best.
Right now it has 8.1:1 gears, and tops out at 67MPH on the flats. It's just too much like work to ride it so it sits...

I got into another "hobby". http://forum.moderndistiller.com/
Same sh_t different day. This is one I KNOW you can sink your teeth into Vivo. I am designing, and building  a concentric ethanol distillation column. (Still) Perhaps the only one on earth built on a "hobby" scale.
This too has been a HUGE learning curve. It started out as a few horizontal pipes, and wound up as a degree in engineering.
I can already taste VivoZ's Death Rattle Rum. Designed in the USA, and proudly hand crafted in the Philippines. Grap your keys, and head down to the local pub for a 5 gallon bucket today!
 MSRP is only three easy payments of 99,999.99

I'm gonna stick around. I missed you mutts!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 01:38:20 AM »
Wow!!! From scootering to this???  I'll be waiting for the VivoZ Rum!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »
Basically what I am doing is taking one of these 14' tall monsters, and building it in two columns. One inside the other, and high pressure vapor injecting the inner column.
It's a real brain twister for sure. I've spent four months doing the math to make a computer generated model of a working design.

The column in the Video is not even CLOSE to the output purity my design will achieve. The Video column would need another seven plates to get the 23 distillations I will get from a 7' tall one of design.

I can honestly say there is no better feeling on earth (for me anyway) than building something that out does everything else.

The best part is after it is built I can get Sooooooo drunk on free hootch that I can forget all the effort that went into it ;D 
I just like building sh_t!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 05:56:21 AM »
That's just... er...uh something different Z-man...  :o

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
Neat, how much to deliver it to Denver or Stl. Also, Ill let you take my zx out and you can tell me if you think your old one is still faster. Ive hit 91 on the local strip no clutch issue. Im at around 1600 in this most recent engine build that Im letting Flotek performance build. 15 for a complete race tuned engine and bike isnt bad and youll find people wont realize the amount of time and money that goes in them.
If you were closer Id have already taken the drive to pick it up. Let me know if youre interested in delivering!
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »
Welllll Hellllooooo LoveMy!
I gotta say you are one of my main influences in building this thing. Once I found the Big Boys in ZX'ing I just had tp stand tall , and deliver.
I am certain 90+ is do-able with this bike. I just wound up in a whole nuther' world as this build was winding down.
82 was my second run at the airfield (after an Ign re-program), and The clutch shoes were toast (Stage6) so I brought it home, and it sat for 5-6 months till I decided to raise the gears, and ride it around town.
Bought the house, and it has sat ever since.
Now I need the shop space for my new hobby... Hootch!
If you are seriously interested I will post up a complete list of all the sh** that goes w/ it as well as all the parts in the bike.
I anticipated having to ship it to a new home so my offer is this... PM me an address, and I will get some quotes for shipping. I will split the cost of this w/ the buyer. I can crate it up assembled (minus fuel), and pack all the extra bits in the same crate. It will be a 2x4 frame crate full of packed boxes of parts.

Actually the next post I do on this thread will be a list of everything involved.
Glad to see ya still scootin' LoveMy. I'll be happier to see this bike get a home where someone knows how to tend its "special needs".
The average guy would blow it up in the first 5 minutes, and complain he got robbed. This is like a baby to me... I won't sell it to the average guy. It will be a coffee table first.
Actually I built a 1972 Maco 490 MX'er that sat in my living room until I got married. That bike did 120 in the dirt, and was just as special.  traded for a 3 week old '78 Trans Am, and left the wife.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:44:37 AM »
Haha, PM about to be sent. Ill be at the cup this weekend but when I return Ill be ready. Cash in hand and ready, no need to even continue the search.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()