Author Topic: stock carb help  (Read 1443 times)

Bob Ryder

• View Profile
stock carb help
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
So first off can anyone tell me what the stock carb is on the 2012???
And is there an idle screw, and where would I find it???

I'm in need of more jet and want to order the right ones.
I'm also use to finding the idle screw right above the air mixture screw, but in this case there doesn't appear to be one.  So I'm wondering if I'm just not looking in the right place or did they not want owners tuning these carbs.

Also does anyone recommend a certain kind of reed valves, and od I just replace the reeds, or the whole block for best performance.  And would a spacer be helpful, or is that more of a racing mod than street.

Thanks a head of time.

ophelia

• View Profile
Re: stock carb help
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »
Is the idle speed screw on the throttle cable assembly at the carb? It might just be a screw that turns the assembly and pulls on the throttle cable more when you tighten it.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

wheelsoffreedom76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 02:27:27 AM »
  The stock carb should be a Keihin PB series. There is a idle rpm adjustment screw that is slotted and just above where the bowl meets the carb body. The idle mixture screw is under a brass cap up and to the the left of the rpm screw. The idle mixture screw is the "D" style, and you can get the motion pro bit for $3 - $6 or just push a blue electrical butt connector over the D, and unscrew it and slot the head for a regular small screwdriver. The jet is a Keihin small round, #70 is what mine came with stock. A couple of places online have the jets listed as 99101-116 series. I havn't changed my reeds so maybe somebody else knows about those.

Here is a link to one of the merchants selling the motion pro D bit for the factory idle mixture screw.
http://www.autotoolworld.com/product.asp?itemid=158228&gclid=CPXr08mZs7kCFazm7Aod2n0AFg

Bob Ryder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »
Thank you very much.  That's the answer I've been looking for, and will help out a lot.

I've added the Next R exhaust derestricted of course with exception of the silencer anyways.  I like my bike a little quieter than the unsilenced level.  Now I may be able to tune this in so I can ride a little harder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()