Author Topic: Super 8 50cc 2t Oil dipstick?  (Read 2797 times)

CakeStep

• View Profile
Super 8 50cc 2t Oil dipstick?
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:50:21 AM »
I'm not sure if i'm just being slow here, or completely missing something but where do I put the bottom oil in my super 8 50c 2t? Most bikes have the dipstick next to the crankcase. I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE. I went to ask my friend who has worked on motorcycles most of his life (recreational, not professional) and he hasn't a clue. It really baffled him. Can anyone tell me whats going on?? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:33:31 AM by CakeStep »

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Super 8 50cc 2t Oil dipstick?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:15:12 AM »
You have a 2 stroke (2t) engine, only 4 strokes (4t) have crankcase oil... Your lubrication comes from the 2t oil that is mixed with the fuel...

CakeStep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:33:03 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply...Is there anyway you can expand on this topic? Maybe explain It a little further. Im having trouble understanding this. Sorry for being a noob.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48:22 AM »
Is there anyway you can expand on this topic?
Or . . YOU could make a research effort!

CakeStep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 04:07:24 AM »
Im Sorry...I thought that's what forums are for. Im pretty sure I goggled it before I posted it on a forum. The reason I wanted him to expand was because my friend refuses to believe that it doesn't have a dip stick for oil, and I wanted a direct answer to show him. Now if you have nothing else to help with this topic, then please leave.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:15:49 AM »
In a 2-stroke engine, you have a canister where you have your 2t oil... this 2t oil automatically mixes with your gasoline and act as lubricant when the engine is running... this explains the bluish smoke coming out your pipe...because your engine burns both gasoline and oil.

In a 4 stroke engine, the gasoline is separate from the lubricating oil... you have a wet sump where oil is kept and you need the dip stick to monitor the oil level...

Engine design and operation is also different between the two... you can google some videos in the internet for a more comprehensive information...

Here's one....     http://www.animatedengines.com/index.html

Here's a typical 2 stroke motorcycle engine... If you notice there's an oil tank that feeds oil to the engine... and it does not have a crankcase oil with the dip stick.... The oil tank has a round glass window wherein you can see if 2t oil is low... no need for a dip stick..

In your case, you have an oil tank under the seat with an electric oil sender switch... The maximum capacity of the tank is 1.1 liters... once the level drops to .5 liters... the oil warning light lights up which means you have low oil and time to fill up... no dip stick...  ;)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:51:19 AM by Vivo »

CakeStep

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
Thank you very much vivo. This helps a lot.  :)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »
 ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()