Author Topic: S 250 coolant question  (Read 2611 times)

lrich524

• View Profile
S 250 coolant question
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:28:58 AM »
Hi,
I just bought my 2009 People S250 this week. It is a liquid cooled engine. I looked at the reserve tank eyehole and I can't tell if there is water in there or not. I have it on the main stand but I don't see anything. How can I tell if there is water in there? How do I fill it if there is not? I've checked the driver's manual and it doesn't give great info. I don't want to ruin the engine, so any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lisa

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: S 250 coolant question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 02:28:10 AM »
   You have to use anti-freeze in a 50/50 mix w/ water. I don't know about how to fill your scoot, but I would bet it is low if you cannot see a colored liquid through the site hole. Hopefully someone who is familiar w/ your model will post. The anti-freeze would be either green, blue, or orange. you should be able to find a fill cap for the recovery bottle.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:36:18 AM »
Hi,
I just bought my 2009 People S250 this week. It is a liquid cooled engine. I looked at the reserve tank eyehole and I can't tell if there is water in there or not. I have it on the main stand but I don't see anything. How can I tell if there is water in there? How do I fill it if there is not? I've checked the driver's manual and it doesn't give great info. I don't want to ruin the engine, so any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lisa

Under the steering there is plastic cap held by one screw. Take it away and you will have free access to the expansion can.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

kawzak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »
Hello, I also have a hard time seeing the level in the slot. Take (1) screw out of the cover above this slot/sight area, then from the front-by the fender use your hand to push out the small square panel/door as it probably is stuck (paint). after this you can get a small flashlight to easily see the level. There are marks on the coolant recovery container to go by (see them thru the slot in the fairing) ---OR-- if you wait untill night time you can just shine a good bright flash light from the front ( by the fender back towards the recovery tank) and then you can see the level thru the slot in the fairing. Hope this helps.

eemichael83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 04:31:10 AM »
As others have said, its easier to see if you shine a flashlight at the reserve tank 'window'.  If you still cant see, take off the right side vent cover.  It has two screws and snaps in.  Once you get the two screws out, just start from the top of the vent cover and start pulling.  With it off, you'll be able to see the entire reserve tank.  To fill, I just got a clean funnel with a tube on it.  Just reach in, pull off the rubber cap, and insert the tube of a funnel.  Theres a little door on the outer plastic piece where your right knee would go that you should be able to pop off... but I got a screwdriver and tried prying it off and it didnt want to go.  I was worried about it breaking, cracking, or scratching, so I just went with the way that I mentioned.  I use the Honda 50/50 premix for my coolant.  Theres not measuring and mixing, just pour it in.
2009 KYMCO People S 250
My Playground: ScootForum.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()