Author Topic: HeadLights  (Read 2611 times)

jmterri

• View Profile
HeadLights
« on: August 03, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has tried installing 55W/60W bulbs in their People 250?
I just had my low beam go out, the bulb in there right now is a Philips HS1  35W/35W.
Any suggestions.. will it pull too much amp, kill the battery or possibly burn/melt any of the plastic
around where the bulb is installed?

Would like to hear if anyone has tried a higher wattage bulb.. I read in the Modern Buddy sight upgrading
to the 55W was okay for them... so far?

jmterri

ScootGuy

• View Profile
Re: HeadLights
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »
I have an 08 S 250 and was wondering the same this.

Anyone thy the 55W/60W bulb yet?

servant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »
Jmterri, what wattage did you end up using? My low beam went out last night on my 2006 P250. How old was your SCOOTER when it went out. I would think headlights would surley last longer than 2 years.

Dion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
Headlights are normally rated by hours of use. The HS1 is listed as having a 700 hour life expectancy. With the low out put of a P250's charging system, it would seem that a 65 watt bulb would be stressing the system, and possibly lowering the output to charge the battery. Not a good thing.

www.candlepower.com lists the HS1 bulb from a German company, Narva and explains the difference in the prongs between an HS1 and an H4 bulb. They are different, and while they may work ... there is an alternative. Somewhere on Candlepower's extensive web site, there is an H4 bulb which has an output rated at 65w but the draw is 35w. A good thing. The downside, the bulb costs over 40 bucks, I went with the 35w bulb at 14 and some change.

This is a huge web site with a lot of information imbedded in it and it does take awhile to blunder around on until you find what you're looking for. I also found some really difficult to find, six volt bulbs for a few of my old, crusty Italian and English bikes which are normally listed in the unobtanium catalogue at your local Stornello dealer - final note, with regular shipping, UPS ground service from Maryland to Chicago, it took three days to arrive. If you do order from them, get a few bulbs at the same time, with Kymco's the bikes will definitely outlast the bulbs.

lcstatema

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:53:10 PM »
Do you know the name or any info on that 65 output/35 draw bulb?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()