Author Topic: Saying hello & questions  (Read 681 times)

Onizuka

• View Profile
Saying hello & questions
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:45:03 AM »
Hi Everyone !

I m from Chile, South America, and i just bought my Kymco Grandvista 250 (it´s called Grand Dink 250 here). I also have a Yamaha BWS 100cc 2 strokes who i used mon to fri to go to work. The Kymco is just to go outside the city to travel a little bit alone or with my girlfriend. So as soon as i bought it i buy some oil and coolant to be sure taht it have all the services done.

But i need some information from you guys because i want to change the rollers and the belt of the scooter and maybe some other parts just in case. They can be the standard ones or maybe better ones to improve the performance of the scooter.

So any advice from pieces and where to buy them would be really appreciated. Also i need some basic information that i cant find to be honest and becasue i dont wanna make any mistake i prefer to make the questions:

1) Which are the standards size/weight from the rollers? WHich size and weight its the standard?
2) Where is the best internet place to buy the standard kymco parts?
3) And to buy performance parts?
4) Which parts do you have already used and recommend me to upgrade? Better rollers? the clutch? springs?

Thanks a lot for the information guys, i really appreciate :)

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Saying hello & questions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum and Kymco family. 

The roller weights are I used are:

Dr Pulley 19x23mm 19g flat weights, and sliders (3).  Heavier weights cause the clutch to lock up faster which reduces wear.  Also, RPMs are slightly lower on the highway.  I was warned to choose weights that are close to the stock weights. 

I put 9K miles on them with no problems.  Sliders supposedly last longer than the original roller weights which can develop flat spots.

The Dr Pulley brand is good and can be ordered from any place that sells them.

I ordered min from:

Buggy Parts NW
1990 Cougar Ave SW
Albany, OR 97321
(503)860-7250

Quantity   Name   SKU   Price   Subtotal
1   Dr Pulley Variator Slide Piece 2318-J    UNI-SP2318-J   $12.95   $12.95
1   Dr. Pulley Slider Weight for 250cc - 19g - 23x18 (Weight: ; )   UNI-SR-23X18-19G   $39.95   $39.95

SubTotal :   $52.90
Shipping and Handling Fee :   $5.00
Tax Total :   $0.00
Total:    $57.90

Most parts need to be from a dealer as many aftermarket parts won't fit.  Also, small 50cc scooters get modified a lot and are very generic.  250cc is much more powerful and owners often don't modify the motor, etc so there are very few aftermarket parts available. 

Here are a list of pictures of repairs which are very valuable when you need to work on your scooter.  The files are very large and you will need a fast internet connection.

http://www.wecandobetter.com/dnload/Scooters/Kymco/

PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()