Author Topic: LIKE REAR BUMPER TRIM  (Read 2227 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE REAR BUMPER TRIM
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »
I've always liked the look of classic Vespas - esp. with those chrome crash bars. Not all the other shiny stuff an Italian can hang on his scooter - bless his heart - just those chrome crash bars. Will they help if I ever lay this thing down - who knows? I will try real hard to keep my knees out of the way ( at 6'2"  I too have the ergonomic issue w/the seat being too close - and if you like hatching golf balls you can scoot back a bit to find the Titlests Kymco hid under there) so I won't find out. For me, it is enough that they make my scooter look pretty and 1950's.

I was happy to see that Kymco sold such an accessory - then came the search to find a source! Thanks to John at moxiescooters.com I now have this genuine Kymco accessory on my Like. I love it!

It took me about an hour to install it, using a 10MM socket & wrench and a phillips screwdriver.
You have to muscle things around just a bit to get all the holes to line up - but not too much.
The nice surprise was that I did not have to make any new holes in my pretty scooter! The installation uses 10 attachment points (2 under the rear carrier, 4 on the floor and 4 on the leg sheild.) The kit comes with 4 long screws and rubber washers for the attachment to the leg sheild. You take out 4 screws on the sheild, and use the 4 longer ones to attach the crash bar here. The other 6 attachment points use the fastener found there.

I think the bleedin thing looks great - and hope to see a lot more Likes on the road with these gleaming vintage-looking bars. Price including UPS from Texas to Ohio was about $160. Will think for a bit about adding the matching front fender trim from Kymco.
I'm about as Italian as a taco - but I love the things those folks ride and drive!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:38:49 PM by OldSchooter »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: LIKE REAR BUMPER TRIM
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:06:29 AM »
Looks great! :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

donandrews

• View Profile
Re: LIKE REAR BUMPER TRIM
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 03:52:06 AM »
I added both the front and rear chrome trim on my Ivory like today. Very nice! Took me about 3 hours because some of the holes didn't match. Found it easier to install the rear chrome to the rear fender by taking off the luggage box. Got it all for about $160 from Columbia Scooters in Portland OR.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()