Author Topic: Had a bad accident  (Read 49787 times)

Kymsec99

• View Profile
Re: Had a bad accident
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2016, 11:28:54 PM »
Get well soon friend, from a UK non scooter rider. Have an old Kymco Sector 125, rare now.

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2016, 11:41:28 PM »
Mr. Paul, what are you trying to say? I always keep it clean [emoji12].. Thanks for the reply, I will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
Ordered $297 worth of parts from Kymco parts monsters. Should be able to get the DT, back on the road

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2016, 01:27:56 AM »
Well, this is in the department of Being "COLD BUSTED" . My temporary prosthesis is not really strong. So As many of you know, one of the requirements of wearing my temporary prosthesis is that I use my Walker for most walking unless I'm no more than a few steps away from it. Well, since it SEEMS to be stronger than my prosthetist led me to believe, ive been occasionally ignoring that advice when in places were I know I can get help if I get into trouble.

So on Thursday my mother didn't feel like driving and asked me to drive her on a couple of errands. On the way back home, we stopped by the grocery store. Mother forgot to renew her handicap sticker. So As I was walking across the parking lot, who did I hear calling my name? MY PROSTHETIST! Oops! [emoji9][emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2016, 01:39:21 AM »
I had to go see him THE NEXT DAY because he FINALLY ordered my "permanent " prosthesis. Lord willing it will arrive in 7-10 days!!!!

By the way, he told me that he anticipated that I would become "hard headed as I gained more skill and confidence.  That's why he wrapped that awful looking reinforcement gauge around the bottom of it. [emoji23][emoji23]. Anyway, I'm just VERY THANKFUL that I'm headed towards the day that I can return to work and also be able to walk confidently without worrying about hearing a dreaded crack in the prosthetic socket.

2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2016, 02:02:55 AM »
Good news bad news department: Good news: even with this temporary prosthesis, I have determined that my skill level exceeds the capability of my current prosthetic foot. -- To God be the Glory for that.

Bad news: at this point, my insurance will only pay for the most basic foot until I receive my 2nd "permanent " prosthesis in 8-12 months. The "upgraded" foot will allow me to walk faster and will absorb more shock, and will allow me to put less stress on my good knee which will protect it from the inherent higher risk of arthritis. Since the foot can be transferred to the replacement leg, it makes no sense no sense for them to not pay for it. But they make the rules. So I'll have to pay it out of pocket if I want it before then. The estimated cost ? Over $4,000!

Good news: between family and donations that I have received from friends (including some of you), and Christian family, I think I'll be able to handle it. It will be a stretch. But it's within my reach. So. A big THANK YOU to those who helped financially and a BIG THANK YOU for YOU who have and are still sending your well wishes and prayers. I appreciate you ALL!

2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »
Thank you for the update!
Just a maybe crazy thought....
I injured my foot pretty bad a few weeks ago when i stepped in a hole....tore stuff in foot.
Podiatrist tried to fit me with a tall brace...had fit issues for my 14 foot plus his wife could not tell me how much it would cost, but guessed only a few hundred $.
 I had them take the boot off....went home and bought the same new boot on line for $39 w/2 day shipping.Delivered on a Sunday!
Might your $4000 item be found on line...?

**I discovered these boots were selling for a song  when we bought one for my daughter's sports injury...paid big $ for it. Then I went to sell it and saw how cheap they were selling on line.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2016, 01:51:36 PM »
Hey, Forbes! You are an inspiration, still! Do you know how tall Stig would be if he dint have so much bent over for feet? At least a "foot" taller!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2016, 04:26:42 PM »
Forbes, sorry to hear about the insurance company. They make the rules,but let's be honest, they suck!!!! Glad to see your post, haven't seen one lately, I was starting to worry. Stay strong and God bless

Rich

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2016, 07:40:56 PM »
Because they are a business, and not really there to always help, the insurance companies want to keep as much of the money you pay then in the bank for as long as possible -- and make money on the interest. I hope Stig's suggestion works, and you can fined a cheeper foot online somewhere, or from a third party.

- Wolf

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2016, 12:05:55 AM »
Hey, Forbes! You are an inspiration, still! Do you know how tall Stig would be if he dint have so much bent over for feet? At least a "foot" taller!

Karl

😂😂😂
2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2016, 12:42:16 AM »
Thank you for the update!
Just a maybe crazy thought....
I injured my foot pretty bad a few weeks ago when i stepped in a hole....tore stuff in foot.
Podiatrist tried to fit me with a tall brace...had fit issues for my 14 foot plus his wife could not tell me how much it would cost, but guessed only a few hundred $.
 I had them take the boot off....went home and bought the same new boot on line for $39 w/2 day shipping.Delivered on a Sunday!
Might your $4000 item be found on line...?

**I discovered these boots were selling for a song  when we bought one for my daughter's sports injury...paid big $ for it. Then I went to sell it and saw how cheap they were selling on line.
Stig
My prosthetist actually suggested that. He stated that the foot is an "off the shelf" part that people sometimes sellon ebay when they upgrade or when the original wearer is deceased.  They don't sell them new directly to the consumer. We have to buy them through the prosthetist.
 Another possibility he floated is the possibility of he himself having one that's my size. Since he's an amputee , (same leg as mine) the salesmen are always giving him trial FEET to try, so he could reccommend to his patients he has over 50! He'll never get around to trying all of them. So He may be willing  to let me be a guinea pig. He pretty much knows which type I would need for my goals.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
2009 Xciting 250

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
Hello guys, I received the new parts from KYMCOPARTSMONSTER,yesterday. 1 week from order to delivery. Not bad!!! I have a little problem: I'm not sure if I hooked up the hoses correctly. I don't have any nipples left to hook the "snot" tube up.Des anyone have any pictures of what should go where? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Rich

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2016, 07:12:34 PM »
I believe the snot tube hooks onto the airbox.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »
Yea, I figured . I usually take a picture, before dismantling, but the air box and hoses were ripped off, when I got hit. So I put the hoses back where I thought they went, but either I'm missing a fitting or I hooked them up wrong. It sounds and runs fine. I will take the seat tub out tomorrow and trace everything down

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()