Author Topic: Had a bad accident  (Read 49757 times)

pipster326

• View Profile
Re: Had a bad accident
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2016, 08:16:15 AM »
Well, finally got the accident report yesterday. Of course, the the guy who hit me ,didn't accept any blame!! He stated, that as we were driving, the light was red, and then changed to green, and instead of proceeding, I stopped! I've been driving for over 30 years, and I know that: red means stop!!! And green means go!!! I guess I really didn't expect him to say he was at fault. But I didn't expect him to blame me either. Just another headache!!! I now have to wait for adjuster to call, and see when he is coming to check the damage. Hopefully won't be too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2016, 08:39:34 AM »
What a @#%&*.  Hopefully some karma will go his way.  Really shows the character of someone when they lie like that.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2016, 10:00:54 AM »
Bottom line is, he hit a vehicle from behind. The evidence is in your favor. Dont get discouraged man and do not yield an inch to this guy.  I hope the best for you and please continue to keep us posted.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »
Can someone check his cell phone records?
Texting when he hit you?
Doubt he hit you on purpose. ..unless has major anger issues.
This happened here a few yrs ago....angry guy killed three college students stopped at a light.....had video of him screaming at a fast food window moments before. Absolutely the best police detective work I've ever heard of. They saw the bag of food in his car. He hit going nearly 100mph. Claimed medical issues.
Prison now.
Stig
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:48:43 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »
Well, finally got the accident report yesterday. Of course, the the guy who hit me ,didn't accept any blame!! He stated, that as we were driving, the light was red, and then changed to green, and instead of proceeding, I stopped! I've been driving for over 30 years, and I know that: red means stop!!! And green means go!!! I guess I really didn't expect him to say he was at fault. But I didn't expect him to blame me either. Just another headache!!! I now have to wait for adjuster to call, and see when he is coming to check the damage. Hopefully won't be too long.

It's IRRELEVANT. Even if his recollection were true, legally he would still be at fault. Even if you were absentmindedly sitting in the road, it would be his responsibility to stop before hitting you. I remember many years ago I was hit from behind, and the cop told the lady that even if I had slammed on brakes to avoid hitting a bug in the road, she would be at fault because the person in the rear is supposed to be alert and ready to stop to keep from hitting the vehicle in front.
2009 Xciting 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »
Right on, Forbes! GIB (Guy In Back) is ALWAYS automatically at fault if his hits yours. S'posed to leave enough room to take action.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »
Yes, Forbes, that is true. I just wasn't expecting to see a statement like that. Especially, since I heard him to talking on his phone, after he hit me. I heard him say: the guy on the bike ( after all the DT does look like a motorcycle, a little) was stopped at the red light and I ran into him!!! I heard it clear as day. I know it wasn't my fault, just mad cause I can't ride, that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2016, 11:26:15 PM »
Well. IT FIT!!! I got my preparatory prosthesis today! The main purpose for this prosthesis is to get me used to it and to verify proper fit. It doesn't contain strong  components. Therefore, I still have to use the Walker for the time being. But that's ok. I can WALK with the walker instead of hopping. I can Stand on two legs. I can bend down and pick stuff up off the floor. And I know that I'm that much closer to my definitive or so called permanent prosthesis. To that I say PRAISE GOD!!

2009 Xciting 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2016, 11:38:57 PM »
GREAT NEWS FORBES!  I rejoice with you!  ;D ;D ;D 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:42:02 PM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2016, 12:29:49 AM »
We're celebrating with you !
Super news!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2016, 06:59:18 AM »
Excellent news,Forbes!!!! I am truly happy for you.

-Rich

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »
Great new Forbes! So happy to hear. Sounds like it's only a matter of time before you can cut a rug, and dare I say click your heels together.

- Wolf

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »
Cut a rug, click my heels, and whatever else.lol. Yesterday I walked around the yard and walked back and forth through my mother's house numerous times. I think the prosthetist didn't trust me to obey his orders to only walk using the Walker because he informed me that the foot on the prosthesis is too small. Therefore, it's difficult to walk unassisted.(He was 100% right. Lol). I did take a couple of steps without assistance just to see if I could. And I used my mother's spare cane to walk to the kitchen and fix my own nighttime snack.  . I think my sisters were as excited as I was. My mother simply said that she was glad that I didn't come home with a "long face" like I did last week when the leg didn't fit. I felt safe disobeying his orders for a little while because he told me that he had only seen one preparatory prosthesis crack --- HIS when he was fitted. He said it's a case of better safe than sorry.
2009 Xciting 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2016, 05:30:07 PM »
Great news, Forbes! Hoo-ray!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »
So excited for you Forbes. Onwards and upwards!  :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()