Author Topic: RIDING IN 35 DEGREE (WIND CHILL 25 DEGREE ) WHO ELSE  (Read 15039 times)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
RIDING IN 35 DEGREE (WIND CHILL 25 DEGREE ) WHO ELSE
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:30:56 AM »
WOW--- A LITTLE COLD ON MY SUPER 9 SCOOTER TODAY IN NY BUT SHE STARTS UP LIKE A CHARM AND READY TO GO IN 1 MINUET. WHO ELSE RIDES IN THE COLD AND WHAT GEAR DO YOU USED-----I JUST USED SWEATERS/ LONGJOHNS/ JACKET
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: RIDING IN 35 DEGREE (WIND CHILL 25 DEGREE ) WHO ELSE
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:08 AM »
You're in N.Y.? WHOA! I am ssssssssssooooooooo home sick it kills me! I'm in N.W. Florida, and today it was 39 in the morning 60 in the afternoon. I just wear LOTS of layers! t shirt, long sleeve, sweat shirt, hoodie, and jacket! Kinda like one of those "snowball" kids you see in elementary school! When I did live there I always wore a Dickies coverall! We called it a "monkey" suit. Looked queer as all get out but did the job to keep you warm! 4 months of summer, and 8 months of bad sledding.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:46 AM »
YEA, I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD WIND BREAKER---FOR NOW I JUST USE  A RAINSUIT TO BREAK THE WIND """"SO FAR SO GOOD"""
ALL STOCK

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:34:07 AM »
I only ride if I want to get somewhere -- the P250 is my sole vehicle.

Layers, layers, layers. Prima Pullman jacket.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 03:07:46 PM »
I posted a link in the general topic for an Ebay seller of leather jackets. There are plenty of others under $50.00 delivered! In fact Just this mornings mail brought me an American Eagle hooded sweat shirt for $21.00. Even on the scoot I couldn't get to the stores to save over that. Living out in the "swamp land" of Nw florida, I have to do all my clothes shopping on the computer, or everything I own would be "camo".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 11:26:45 PM »
I ride year round here in NC.  It's pretty nice so far this year, just got our first freezing temps last night!  I have a Craft "long john"  base layer with Gore Windstopper panels in the front and Craft gloves with Windstopper as well.  They work great!  Beyond those I just wear a sweatshirt and my Oakley snowboarding jacket and full face helmet with all the vents closed.  When it's really cold I'll wear my Oakley snowboarding pants as well.  I also wear DeFeet Woolie Boolie socks.  The main trick I have found is cutting the wind penetration and I'm fine.  The Gore Windstopper works wonders, and Oakley makes some of the best technical clothing I have run across!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 12:58:25 AM »
I NEED TO LOOK INTO THAT
ALL STOCK

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »
I ride year round here in NC.  It's pretty nice so far this year, just got our first freezing temps last night!  I have a Craft "long john"  base layer with Gore Windstopper panels in the front and Craft gloves with Windstopper as well.  They work great!  Beyond those I just wear a sweatshirt and my Oakley snowboarding jacket and full face helmet with all the vents closed.  When it's really cold I'll wear my Oakley snowboarding pants as well.  I also wear DeFeet Woolie Boolie socks.  The main trick I have found is cutting the wind penetration and I'm fine.  The Gore Windstopper works wonders, and Oakley makes some of the best technical clothing I have run across!

If you are too poor to afford all those brand names from your post :), this will work just nice:

- regular cotton t-shirt + any 10 US$ thick fleece + any 60 US$ cordura noname motorcycle jacket with additional nylon inner lining bought at discount sales
- 10 US$ thermal underwear from ebay + jeans
- 5 US$ long thermal socks + regular socks
- heated handgrips

:)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »
I save all my dollar store bags! For 1.00 you can duct tape them all together and make yourself an all weather suit that also doubles as a personal flotation device! They just wont let me inside the bank! I have to use the drive thru... Ps. I ALWAYS have a lit cigar so I dont really need the hand warmers javascript:void(0);

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »
HOW ABOUT I USE MY SCOOTER COVER---LOL
ALL STOCK

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
I have been riding the 30-50 degree weather all month.  I have an Olympia AST jacket, FirstGear HT overpants 2.0 and some snow mobile gloves and I have some snow/hiking boots to keep my toes warm.  I am pretty happy and warm most of the time.  I am hoping Mrs. Claus brings me a balaclava to keep my eye brows warm.  My helmet breathes very well and my eye brows get really cold when the temps near 30. My morning commute is usually 25-30 minutes and I tend not to ride in the rain.  Should have ridden today, it didn't rain after all.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »
Just been outside, thermometer shows 19 F on my P250S. :)
However, tomorrow I am going to work in my car, as I bought two new Dunlop Runscoot tires for gf's Agility 125, so I need to take them to the mechanic to wait for her to come for replacement...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 03:26:26 AM »
That's a nice tire. I missed it when I was looking for mine. I just looked them up, and they are quite pricey even on ebay.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »
Guys, can I rub your face in it? Im in the Southern states of Australia, and live in a small rural town of 20 people called Purnim, 20km from Warrnambool where I work. I finished work yesterday around 7pm, threw my jacket into the under seat storage area, put on my helmet and sunnies and cruised home in fine 36 degree celcius temperatures! The only complaint was from the Mrs about the bugs all over my work shirt when I got home!
Ahhhhhhhhhh, nothing better than scooting home in fine toasty weather!
Holty.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »
Guys, can I rub your face in it? Im in the Southern states of Australia, and live in a small rural town of 20 people called Purnim, 20km from Warrnambool where I work. I finished work yesterday around 7pm, threw my jacket into the under seat storage area, put on my helmet and sunnies and cruised home in fine 36 degree celcius temperatures! The only complaint was from the Mrs about the bugs all over my work shirt when I got home!
Ahhhhhhhhhh, nothing better than scooting home in fine toasty weather!
Holty.

:) What are yearly lows you experience down under?
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()