Author Topic: MicroBlue bearings, 10% off and free shipping offer  (Read 1422 times)

Yager200i

• View Profile
MicroBlue bearings, 10% off and free shipping offer
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
I'm posting this with permission of the owner of MicroBlue Bearings. I'm not affiliated in any way with MicroBlue except as a customer.

Since I've ordered new hybrid ceramic bearings for my bike and gotten the rear gears micro-polished and tungsten sulfide coated by MicroBlue, I got a special offer from them for 10% off my next purchase and free shipping. Since I don't have anything to buy from them right now, I asked the owner if it'd be alright to post the offer here, and he agreed.

So, quoting from the email offer:
======================
From 4/6/15 through 4/13/15 go to www.MicroBlueBearings.com and enter the promo code "Faster" in the Coupon Code box, on the store checkout page, and receive a 10% DISCOUNT on your order, as well as FREE SHIPPING in the United States.
======================

Hope this helps anyone on the fence about ordering hybrid ceramic bearings. They last longer, run cooler and help your vehicle to get more of the engine power to the ground where it can do some good, rather than being eaten up in friction.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: MicroBlue bearings, 10% off and free shipping offer
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
  can they do one side of a variator the ramp side,  if they get some on the disc side it would slip the belt , ??? or would it make the belt run better?

Yager200i

• View Profile
Re: MicroBlue bearings, 10% off and free shipping offer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 03:52:31 AM »
There's actually two companies... MicroBlueBearings.com sells the hybrid ceramic bearings that are tungsten sulfide treated. MicroBlueRacing.com does the micropolishing and tungsten sulfide coating of engine parts, gears, etc.

As regards your question, I think that'd make the sheave too slippery, and you'd find your belt is slipping. The combination of micropolishing and tungsten sulfide coating makes for a *very* slippery surface. But you don't have to worry about tungsten sulfide getting on your sheave face... it's got to be blasted on with 120 PSI to get it to molecularly bond with the surface. The only other way is to buff it into the surface using heavy pressure.

But you could do the ramp where your weights slide, that'd make them move pretty easily.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:56:34 AM by Yager200i »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()