Author Topic: Long term storage question  (Read 915 times)

Homer3D

• View Profile
Long term storage question
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
Hello Other Super 8 owners,

I am new to the scooter world and to this forum (see into post here http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=23431.0 )

So I was reading through the manual and it talks about things to do for long term storage. Drain gas, change oil, pull out battery, etc. Do people really do this? Is this something that needs to be done?

I have not had to do this with my cars. For example, I own a corvette which also goes into hibernation during the winter/rainy months for maybe about 3 months or so. Other than hook it up to a battery tender, I have never had to anything else. I have already hard wired a battery tender to the scooter and can quickly plug/unplug as needed.

For those people that go for a long period of time without riding the scooter:

-   Did you do the rest of the steps onlined in the manual?
-   If not, did your scooter run into any issues because you didn’t?

Thanks in advance…
Jason
2015 Kymco Super8 150

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Long term storage question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:12:11 PM »
I don't put my bikes into long term storage but modern ethanol gas will really gum up your carb in a pretty short amount of time.  If you don't drain all the gas you can add some gas stabilizer or sea foam and run it a bit to make sure it gets into the carb.  Battery tender is a good idea.  Go ahead and change the oil, it's only 8/10th of a quart.  Park the scooter on the centerstand and not sidestand to help prevent flat spots on the tires. 

I'm glad I live somewhere that I don't have to deal with this.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: Long term storage question
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »
Here's what I've done,

Winterizing Your Super8 150 Scooter
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()