Author Topic: 2014 crank but no start  (Read 1099 times)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 crank but no start
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 04:24:39 PM »
Yes, but are you pushing on the brake pedal while trying to start?
Stig

the UXV450i does not require depressing the brake pedal when in neutral. When starting in gear, or park, you must depress the brake.
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 09:20:52 PM »
Your best bet is to get a factory service manual and go from there.  You need to start with basic testing..."battery good" is not a test, we need actual numbers like 12.6 volts.  "Good spark" means nothing, spark will jump a 1/4" gap and is blue not yellow, that is a test result. Etc...real test numbers are needed.  Next thing is a real compression test with numbers....

Bj580

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2022, 05:20:34 PM »
It's already started I know those things are good it's a electronic problem I have the online repair manual bout not much in it about ecm

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2022, 05:42:24 PM »
the UXV450i does not require depressing the brake pedal when in neutral. When starting in gear, or park, you must depress the brake.

Out of habit, I always push the brake pedal, needed or not!!  I rarely use neutral, just leave it in gear due the the sometines difficulty of changing gears when sitting.  After 7 years of ownership I just do things from habit....if anyone ask what my starting proceedure was, I would have to think about it,   old habits dont take much thought !!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2022, 05:47:45 PM »
It's already started I know those things are good it's a electronic problem I have the online repair manual bout not much in it about ecm

Wow...my printed manual on my 450i does have a small trouble shooting area but not a whole lot.  I have found some differenxes between the online and the printed version, which is why I bought both....hopefully prepared if any issues occur !!!  From my reading there is little to trouble shoot on ECM's, most have just tried swapping with a known good one and see if that makes a difference

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2022, 08:34:34 PM »
Out of habit, I always push the brake pedal, needed or not!!  I rarely use neutral, just leave it in gear due the the sometines difficulty of changing gears when sitting.  After 7 years of ownership I just do things from habit....if anyone ask what my starting proceedure was, I would have to think about it,   old habits dont take much thought !!

I nearly always park in neutral, cause it's the only gear that doesn't get sticky, ever
RandyO
IBA#9560

Bj580

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2022, 03:15:46 AM »
what determines input to ecm the the gear selector switch or the clutch diode

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2022, 05:22:53 PM »