Author Topic: i couldnt start s8 what it could be?  (Read 5251 times)

5oo

• View Profile
Re: i couldnt start s8 what it could be?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 12:50:11 AM »
Battery does not have enough charge to start scooter...charge battery...
si i took it to dealer and they said it was a little bit of water in gas

5oo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 12:51:08 AM »
Who knows, he has had more problems out of a supposedly trouble free scooter (Kymco) than any body I have seen. I have not had one single problem from my 2009 people 150. Even earlier in the year I had some health problems and let it set in the garage for a month with out starting it. When  I got better and went out to start it, it started as soon a I touched the start button and idled perfect.

I just don't know....
well probably i got that bad one hehe

5oo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 12:51:30 AM »
Get it started yet?
hope tomorrow will be rdy!!!  ???
is it was water in the gas thats y i couldnt start tho,, so on gas station they mixed water wit gas and damaged mine carburetor tho
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:07:48 PM by 5oo »

alandok85

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 01:56:01 AM »
Hey guys had the same problem after break in period was over around 800 miles the tank started taking on water like crazy. Every week it seemed like i had to drain my Carb and about 8 oz out of the tank as a water plug had settled in there some how. I finally figured out two reasons why, the secondary air box that has a vacuum line coming off the air box hose and which is also linked to the Carb breather can clog with gas or water in a shockingly short time ( less than a day). After I capped off the air hose connection the bike would only form a water plug after sitting over winter or if not ridden for a month or so. But I also figured out that the ethonal in my 93 octane atrracts water some HEET Addtve. Helps but it still gets water in the carb bowl is its not run during high humidity. The only true cure is garage storage which saddly I don't have that luxury.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()