Author Topic: Cannot wait for winter to end !!  (Read 3135 times)

skidad

• View Profile
Cannot wait for winter to end !!
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »
It Is snowing to beat the band here In Minnesota tonight.We have had an awful winter this year.plenty cold, and more snow than the last couple of years I guess.Cannot wait to get my S-200 on the road again this season, I rode everyday last year to work with the exception of about 5 times and put 2500 miles on my S-200.i figure I saved 300+ gallons O'Gas last summer @  $ 4.00 a gallon. I work In Downtown Minneapolis (9 miles 1 way) i have a perfect route picked out,leave early and return home early as well. I am new to this forum site,and would like to share all sorts of scootering ideas and comments. I cannot say enough good stuff about Johnathon & Bob and all the gang @ Scooterville here In Minneapolis,What a class joint !!! I would recommend their sales/service to anyone,product knowledge Is second to none.At the same time of my S-200 (Black) purchase,I purchased a Original Buddy 125 (Barbie Pink)for my wife,we scooter everywhere we can, she really took to it well and has become a safe and careful rider. When scootering you tend to view all cars as a threat,and wait to see what they are going to do but, around here the single most dangerous thing on the roads are people on bicycles, they do not obey any traffic laws at all.. You know when I was a kid,the police would confiscate your bike, and then you would have to go to the station with the rents to get it back,of course with a good bawling out from the cops thrown In as as well.
I anxiously await springs arrival here.
Ski-Dad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:47:01 AM by skidad »

abobotek

• View Profile
Re: Cannot wait for winter to end !!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:30:22 AM »
How do you deal with the cold on the S 200?  I have a Yamaha Majesty with a +5" Cee Bailey windscreen and an S 200. 

On the S 200, when it gets below 45 or so degrees, my face gets really cold inside a full face helmet.  This doesn't happen on the Majesty with its huge fairings and windscreen.  Do you have an aftermarket windscreen?  What do you do to stay warm? 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:05:54 AM by abobotek »
Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:21:10 AM »
Two words: heated handgrips.
Look up Oxford brand on ebay.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

skidad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
My S-200 is sitting in my garage on It's center stand, It has been winterized,and awaits Spring In the worst way!! The last time I rode was Nov. 21st @ 18 degree's.I rode 1 mile to the Target Store by my house and when I got there my face felt like it was on fire!! Temps down into the 40's are no problem however.warm jacket, gloves etc.i wear shorts until snow flys here.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »
I ride 365 days/year, the lowest temperature I saw on thermometer was 12F (-11 C). :) ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

skidad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »
Now It Is going to rain/snow today and Tuesday.it seems that this winter will not end.I am off to Seattle/Portland In a couple of weeks for a much needed vacation. I am told that there a lot of scoots In Portland. I am going to visit a couple of scooter dealerships when I am there,and see whats new. Really hard to beat Scooterville here In Minneapolis,everything they offer Is Top-Flight!! Great Mechanics,Front of the house rules as well.I will post some S-200 pictures when I figure out how... Any Input?? I am a chef by trade,gotta run for now,the Chili Is burnin'. All of you have nothing short of a terrific day!!  "Ski-Dad"

abobotek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 12:08:59 AM »
I've heard good things about Columbia Scooters in Portland.  They just got in a larger-than-stock $60 windscreen for the S200.  If you see these, could you post your thoughts?

Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()