Author Topic: What does the Noodoe model entail?  (Read 151 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
What does the Noodoe model entail?
« on: February 25, 2024, 12:56:12 PM »
 Exactely what features do the Noodoe models offer? Are they worth it for me? What is different between the Like 150i and the 150i Noodoe?
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: What does the Noodoe model entail?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 03:31:04 PM »
Uh, Noodoe is what they offer.

That means you CAN install the Noodoe app on your cell phone and connect your phone to the Noodoe system on the scooter. This allows you to display a clock of your own choice on the Noodoe display which is kept on time through that Blue Tooth connection with your phone. AND also you can display pictures that you add to the Noodoe app and display. AND you can display a weather screen on the scooter display that shows temp and a few other details that are current (not a forecast of future weather). But then again you can also just look up to see most of that other than the temp. AND you can customize a second speedometer. There is one default speedo included already that displays by default. All the speedos I've found so far have hash marks for km/h even though they may show mph numbers in the right place (the hash marks don't line up with mph other than where the numbers are).

I use Noodoe for navigation when I am going places. Not usually when I am just riding locally. But when I need to ride to a certain destination that I haven't been to before I'll use Noodoe navigation for that. I mostly use navigation for out of town travel like when I go across state lines to go camping with the gang. The Noodoe navigation gives you turn by turn voice directions in your Blue Tooth headset in your helmet (if you have that available).

Before I had my AK 550, which has Noodoe, I used my phone on a phone mount where I could see it when I traveled. Rain is not always friendly to a cell phone left where it can get wet. My phone is fine with it since it has the very same water resistant rating as motorcycle specific GPS units (IP68). Before I was using my phone I was using a motorcycle specific GPS unit. With Noodoe I can leave my phone in the glove box plugged into the USB port to keep it charged.

Of course, to have Noodoe or not to have Noodoe is a choice. If you feel you don't need these options then save some money and get the Like 150i WITHOUT Noodoe. If you decide you WANT these options then get the one WITH Noodoe. My choice was sort of made for me since I wanted the AK 550 and Noodoe just comes with it anyway. I can still choose to ignore that it's there and simply not use it but that's not me. If it's there I will at least try to use it to my advantage. If there was an AK 550 that did not have Noodoe I'd likely still get the AK but might have chosen the one without and saved a bit of cash since I was accustomed to bikes that didn't have the system.

Hope this helps a little.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 03:34:31 PM by rjs987 »
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 06:27:07 PM »
Uh, Noodoe is what they offer.

That means you CAN install the Noodoe app on your cell phone and connect your phone to the Noodoe system on the scooter. This allows you to display a clock of your own choice on the Noodoe display which is kept on time through that Blue Tooth connection with your phone. AND also you can display pictures that you add to the Noodoe app and display. AND you can display a weather screen on the scooter display that shows temp and a few other details that are current (not a forecast of future weather). But then again you can also just look up to see most of that other than the temp. AND you can customize a second speedometer. There is one default speedo included already that displays by default. All the speedos I've found so far have hash marks for km/h even though they may show mph numbers in the right place (the hash marks don't line up with mph other than where the numbers are).

I use Noodoe for navigation when I am going places. Not usually when I am just riding locally. But when I need to ride to a certain destination that I haven't been to before I'll use Noodoe navigation for that. I mostly use navigation for out of town travel like when I go across state lines to go camping with the gang. The Noodoe navigation gives you turn by turn voice directions in your Blue Tooth headset in your helmet (if you have that available).

Before I had my AK 550, which has Noodoe, I used my phone on a phone mount where I could see it when I traveled. Rain is not always friendly to a cell phone left where it can get wet. My phone is fine with it since it has the very same water resistant rating as motorcycle specific GPS units (IP68). Before I was using my phone I was using a motorcycle specific GPS unit. With Noodoe I can leave my phone in the glove box plugged into the USB port to keep it charged.

Of course, to have Noodoe or not to have Noodoe is a choice. If you feel you don't need these options then save some money and get the Like 150i WITHOUT Noodoe. If you decide you WANT these options then get the one WITH Noodoe. My choice was sort of made for me since I wanted the AK 550 and Noodoe just comes with it anyway. I can still choose to ignore that it's there and simply not use it but that's not me. If it's there I will at least try to use it to my advantage. If there was an AK 550 that did not have Noodoe I'd likely still get the AK but might have chosen the one without and saved a bit of cash since I was accustomed to bikes that didn't have the system.

Hope this helps a little.

Thank you for the great reply! I'm 80 years old and own a flip phone. I therefore have no need for the extra expense of the Noodoe option.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 07:25:56 PM »
I don't even own a flip  phone, my phone is connected to a copper wire,

and have to take my AK550 to the dealer to set the time. noodoe is a feature that I don't use
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()