Author Topic: Spoke with an actual "scooter shop" today re. KYMCOUSA  (Read 838 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Spoke with an actual "scooter shop" today re. KYMCOUSA
« on: March 31, 2023, 10:18:01 PM »
I've never been inside a real "scooter shop" before - a shop which only sells and services scooters! - but there is one over in the state capitol. (45miles)
They sell Kymcos as well as SYM, GENUINE and LANCE.
Today I spoke with the lady who runs the shop about her current experiences with KYMCOUSA.

She said that parts availability was "hit and miss there for awhile. Apparently someone in the warehouse was not restocking the parts. But lately things are better."
She said she has no problem keeping normal consumables in stock..."belts, rollers, etc."
She also mentioned that Kymcos are so reliable - that unless one has been in a wreck - they do not often need more than the normally consumed parts. "Brake pads, etc."

Some day I hope to drive over there for a visit. She said they'd be glad to do my tire change. (no tire purchase necessary)

I might ask my local big-all-brands motorcycle/atv/speedo/scooter shop about their recent experiences with Kymco - but one gets all kinds of answers over there.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

NorWeWa

• View Profile
Re: Spoke with an actual "scooter shop" today re. KYMCOUSA
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 11:44:41 PM »
That's good to hear. The local dealer here was a Kymco dealer. He has no problems working on them even now.  My Downtown 300 will probably out last me, and I enjoy doing the routine maintenance.

Art 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 12:19:19 PM »
That is really wonderful to hear, Stig! I pray this light at the other end of this dark tunnel is the sunlight at the other end and not...a...well... you know...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mancashire

• NE Ohio B400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 09:25:16 PM »
Would I be correct in assuming that you are referencing Cap City - the dream shop opened by the Easy Peasey couple? I’ve talked to them by phone and via scooter forums but have never had the opportunity to visit in-person.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 10:19:13 PM »
Would I be correct in assuming that you are referencing Cap City - the dream shop opened by the Easy Peasey couple? I’ve talked to them by phone and via scooter forums but have never had the opportunity to visit in-person.
Yep. Nice lady to talk with --someday I'll drive over for s visit.
I don't know  that part Columbus....so never will do it first on a scooter.
Stig
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:22:29 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Quick-Star24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023, 04:54:01 PM »
I've never been inside a real "scooter shop" before - a shop which only sells and services scooters! - but there is one over in the state capitol. (45miles)
They sell Kymcos as well as SYM, GENUINE and LANCE.
Today I spoke with the lady who runs the shop about her current experiences with KYMCOUSA.

She said that parts availability was "hit and miss there for awhile. Apparently someone in the warehouse was not restocking the parts. But lately things are better."
She said she has no problem keeping normal consumables in stock..."belts, rollers, etc."
She also mentioned that Kymcos are so reliable - that unless one has been in a wreck - they do not often need more than the normally consumed parts. "Brake pads, etc."

Some day I hope to drive over there for a visit. She said they'd be glad to do my tire change. (no tire purchase necessary)

I might ask my local big-all-brands motorcycle/atv/speedo/scooter shop about their recent experiences with Kymco - but one gets all kinds of answers over there.

Stig

That would be in Columbus? Can you share the dealer name? I bought mine at ASK POWERSPORTS in Columbus but that shop sells all sorts of bikes and some scooters as well as the Zero electric bikes which I thought about before buying the AK 550.

Jeff

Mancashire

• NE Ohio B400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2023, 05:39:26 PM »
Capital City Scooters
2509 Summit St
Columbus, OH 43202
614-265-2885

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 05:54:41 PM »
Capital City Scooters
2509 Summit St
Columbus, OH 43202
614-265-2885
Yep - that's them.
I actually replied to your post - but once again - forgot to hit "post" after previewing!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()