Author Topic: Kymco USA  (Read 915 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Kymco USA
« on: September 13, 2022, 04:11:57 PM »
Any news about Spartanburg? That Jeff Dunham/Durham guy (super-tech) has faded ito the sun set with no news of NHTSA investigations or of the CEO from hell, Mandy Chia. Anyone have any contact with anyone at the head shed? Dealers are few, most parts seem available from sites on line bu is there any news...gossip....smoke signals?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco USA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 04:33:34 PM »
No real confirmed news that I know of. I did try calling them directly a few times in the last few weeks and in the afternoon was directed to an answering service but earlier in the day I did get someone on the line.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 05:40:52 PM »
No real confirmed news that I know of. I did try calling them directly a few times in the last few weeks and in the afternoon was directed to an answering service but earlier in the day I did get someone on the line.
Ah! Back to answering service again, I see! Lemme see, guessing, Mandy has run everyone off and just a few new-hires show each day to qualify for paychecks! I know, I am being super cynical....as usual.

Glad to hear you got an actual person at one point....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 11:06:24 PM »
I dunno, my local dealer is getting new scooters if he commits to a whole container (80 scooters), but parts is another thing, they have a new AK550 that arrived damaged in the crate and still waiting for replacement parts after 3 months
RandyO
IBA#9560

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 11:24:45 AM »
As bike/scooter is tool to me and I like to depend on them with dealers/importers----In Chattanooga with dealer in Dalton GA, my 300i fine and good bike built as least to the standards of the Japanese---When I moved to WI, sold my Kymco, WI not Kymco land---have talked to many dealers who had them in the past---out due to importer -----Kymco fine scooters, but need good dealer network and strong importer to back them up-----Same problem with Daelim, great scooter in Korea, ruined in US by weak importers.   I buy only new and have had over 75 new bikes/scooters since 1955----importer problem can also be dead scooter market in N America

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 11:43:30 AM »
Some good points there John.  Kymco UK is less well covered with its dealer network- my local dealership no longer stocks the brand and my new “nearest” only orders in on placing a firm order! So, where do I go to see one “in the flesh”?  Poor.

Interestingly Honda have opened a new dealership just down the road. So if they can only get in the stock…
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 03:53:32 PM »
Hopefully my dealer "Ride 1" will keep selling the Agility 125's...
Salesman there told me they were their "#1 selling Kymco model - and not a great many of those" have been sold.
I know I haven't seen any around town.
One of Chappelle's friends in Yellow Springs rides an Agility and a new Kymco 300 through the village.

I suspect that one or both of my current scooters will see me out my days.
If they die - and Honda doesn't have a replacement scooter - I'll probably finish up with a 300 Honda or a 250 Yamaha bike.

I require something bullet-proof for my riding times, temps and age - if the LIKE or the Liberty reach a point other than that I won't keep either.

https://www.ride1powersports.com/--inventory?make=kymco

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()