Author Topic: UXV 450i Belt Replacement  (Read 895 times)

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
UXV 450i Belt Replacement
« on: December 13, 2021, 02:28:41 PM »
As we head into winter, I am thinking about routine maintenance projects to do to my 2018 UXV450i this winter. Change the engine oil/filter, and do the annual change on the gear oil are obvious.

I have had no issues with this machine since purchase, but one thing I have considered is just replacing the drive belt as a precautionary measure. Currently my machine has just over 1,000 miles, and I have seen several other owners comment recently that they are over 3,000 miles of heavy use with the original drive belt still going.

So, perhaps replacing the drive belt at 1,000 miles is overkill. Like I said, the machine runs fine, though there does seem to be just a tiny bit of play in the belt (like a fraction of a second) between the time you push the gas pedal and and the time the belt engages. I don't recall that it was quite that way brand new, but certainly has been for a good while now. Perhaps that's just the way these machines are once the belt is fully worn in.

Opinions and experiences from long-time owners of these machines certainly appreciated, and Merry Christmas to the Kymco Forum family!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

airshot

• View Profile
Re: UXV 450i Belt Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
All CVT machines have lag time when first starting to move, wear on belt causes this, very normal. My 2015 has over 2500 miles and on original belt. It has been worked not babied...I do have a spare belt just in case, but I wouldnt worry until at least 3k miles unless it starts slipping.  Be sure to use low for heavy work and plowing snow.  Using high range for serious work will shorten belt life

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()