Author Topic: Best scoot for Big riders??  (Read 5295 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Best scoot for Big riders??
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:05 AM »
This review was listed under " Best scooters for big and tall riders", written by a fellow in Chicago.

I think it would be hard to find a big/tall LIKE200i rider who would agree that this is a great scooter for tall riders, and certainly not one you'd want to scoot back a little on! Brings that nasty underseat bump right into the 'living room'!
Sometimes I wish I was 5'4" like this young fellow - especially when approaching a scooter.
Stig

Here I am wishing .......
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:48:10 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Best scoot for Big riders??
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 03:38:44 AM »
The top pict reminds me of when I was five or six. We would ride down the Aqueduct hill behind Yonkers Raceway in Coke a Cola crates.
It ALWAYS ended w/ someone going home bleeding. Usually from the face.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:12:50 AM »
I like how in the picture that guys knees are practically touching the legshield haha. I would not say it's even a decent scooter for tall people.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zgr7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:32:30 PM »
I love small scooters and i like Like 200i a lot (mainly due to the rear disc brake) but as a 187cm tall guy, i just can't fit it (i'm not a Like owner, just had tried one before). I'm a long time Agility user and even Agility is hard to fit and Like is much worse. Seat is lower than Agility, so road imperfections transfer to your back even more. Your legs can't help carrying your weight when you are riding the Kymco Like. Like 200i is very hard on your back. When i get uncomfortable on my Agility, i move back and ride while sitting on the passenger part of the seat. Like is awkward even in this position. Seat is just way, way too low. Would have been the perfect scooter if the handlebar and seat were a little bit higher.

For tall people like me, Aprilia Scarabeo 200 is a very good fit. I'm planning to buy one in addition to my Agility. My only concern is its weight; too heavy to have a 'playful' riding style but, let's see.. :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:42:00 PM by zgr7 »

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »
After going through my entire life with everything about 2 inches out of reach of my 5 ft-6 in. frame, I have joyfully discovered that the true purpose of my stature is to be the correct size for 90% of all scooters out there. So, since I hardly ever get to say this....it must really suck to be tall, dude! (Dang, that felt good!! :D)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »
After going through my entire life with everything about 2 inches out of reach of my 5 ft-6 in. frame, I have joyfully discovered that the true purpose of my stature is to be the correct size for 90% of all scooters out there. So, since I hardly ever get to say this....it must really suck to be tall, dude! (Dang, that felt good!! :D)
Very funny....but you are really gonna be outta luck when the new LIKE4000iS hits the market this winter! 74" wheelbase!!
I think I'm finally going to have to break down and put a wind screen on the red one I ordered.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »
Stig, a stretch limo scooter? Seats six and has a fully stocked bar!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

CrzRani

• Rani
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 11:39:00 PM »
Bwahaha..that's rad.  The stretch is the ish!!
Why lose weight, buy more horsepower......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 07:06:12 AM »
Vespa inspired? It looks a little like the front end of a modern Vespa, but the aft end looks Lambretta. Either way it's a nice scooter for anyone under 5'10"0. At 5'9" it fits me just fine. I have none of the issues the taller folks have.

Vintage MX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 03:05:19 AM »
Call me crazy but at five 11 1/2 I really do fit the Like 200 pretty well.  My knees do not hit the handlebars in sharp turns and I can get stretched out enough even with that ridge on the seat. No the accommodations are not deluxe, but they're not terrible either.  Hey, with an endorsement like that, maybe Kymco will make me a test rider. Then all their bikes will have the same ergonomics!  Seriously though, I have learned (the hard way) not to buy scooters, or motorcycles for that matter, without sitting on them and riding them if possible.  There are other factors than height that enter into the comfort equation.
2011 Like 200i, 2002 KTM 200 EXC and a garage full of 1970s Motocrossers and Trials Bikes.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 05:40:39 PM »
Vespa inspired? It looks a little like the front end of a modern Vespa, but the aft end looks Lambretta. Either way it's a nice scooter for anyone under 5'10"0. At 5'9" it fits me just fine. I have none of the issues the taller folks have.
Several reviewers stated the then new LIKE resembled a mating of a Lambretta and a Vespa.
Sold me - I love the look!
Handsome design details all over the scoot.
Test rides are not available at my dealer....unless it is a used bike or scoot, maybe. But I did sit the LIKE's seat and commented to my wife that the Honda Metro and the Yamahammer Vino were much more comfortable.
Stig
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:43:16 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()